Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grant: Proof of Residency

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm applying for a grant for the first time and the section where it says were you resident in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years, they ask for proof that I was living here. The notes say that can be one or more of the following:

- Evidence that you sat your Leaving Cert in Ireland
    - social welfare statements
    - utility bills

Problem is that I sat my Leaving Cert more than 5 years ago so that isn't relevant and I don't have utility bills since I live at home.

What could I send them?

Also was wondering if I can go into the offices and hand deliver (would that be quicker?) of if I just post it into the council offices?

Sorry for the stupid questions it's just this is my first time applying and I don't want to get the form sent back because I didn't fill it out properly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I received the grant the past 3 years and am now in the process of having to reapply and got the same requests

The utility bill is just that of your parents if you live at home

The proof of leaving cert form is sent out to you by whoever youre applying to the grant with upon request (cant see why they dont send it out when they tell you that you need it (in my case any way)

also cant see how tis relevant for me having received the grant the last 3 years off the same VEC its not as if my leaving cert location is going to have changed, but the whole process can be like pulling teeth to get the whole thing over and done with)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Im also in a similar boat to you OP - I sat mine in 2006 so Im just including the leaving cert statement I got with my results on it, and also a letter from my university confirming my current attendance.

Advertisement