Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Northern Lights

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭

A heads up on the Northern Lights.

Was out and about tonight and they seem to be visible between the clouds. Nice display at times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

At this time of year? in this part of the country? localised entirely within your kitchen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Seymour! The house is on fire!
    No, Mother, it's just the Northern Lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I did think the sky was a tint purple-ish tonight, but I thought it was my eyesight....either that or Prince is playin a gig in Thomond Park :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭billox

yes we call hamburgers steamed clams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

krudler wrote: »
    At this time of year? in this part of the country? localised entirely within your kitchen?!

Apparently there was a major solar flare a few days ago.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/nasa-scientists-braced-for-solar-tsunami-to-hit-earth-2282437.html

According to that article "It is likely to spark spectacular displays of the aurora or northern and southern lights."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Thought this light display was supposed to be seen Tuesday and last night?!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Any local pics? Was mad keen about the hance of seing them ut all I got was clouds. Keeper Hill was cloudy Tuesday night too. Luckily there were no power cuts or stuff like that whic had a chance of happening.

@LL: The solar tsunami lasts a few days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

billox wrote: »
    yes we call hamburgers steamed clams

Steamed hams...............even though they are quite obviously grilled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I did think the sky was a tint purple-ish tonight, but I thought it was my eyesight....either that or Prince is playin a gig in Thomond Park :pac:

I wish!:D

Advertisement