Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice wild spots in the UK -wales

Options
  • 05-08-2010 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Just back from lovely trip to Devon/Cornwall called to Megavissey at 2pm one day attendant said you can stay now and overnight for £10 'till 10am and guided us to a place reserved for M/homes coaches peaceful night after a lovely fresh cod and chips lunch.
    Beautiful spot with nice harbour and coastal walks but a word of warning don't drive your motorhome 'thru the town as the streets are vvvvery narrow.

Then headed for Marazion again right beside the beach overnight parking only £5 or free along the main road!!

After a couple of days headed down to Lands end car park £5 at 4pm and NO overnight parking ,a lot of tourists complaining that the shops were closed but still charging in to the car park so a rip off there.

Headed back up to Tintagel and a nice town with overnight parking at £3

Forgot to say on the way down south tried Burnham on Sea official Motorhome places there arrived about 5pm and car park notice seemed to say 24hrs parking for £4 so got ticket but at about 8pm local boy racers arrived and screeeching around the car park (swines ) so upped and left and on the way out saw a Tesco super but it was closed.
    On closer inspection I noticed people inside so beckoned to them and a lady opened up so I asked for the manager and politely asked him would it be okay to park for the night and he said no problem just park at the back.Had a peaceful night and did a large shop next morning thanking the lady fo their hospitality.

There is also a nice spot at Goodwick/Fishguard where you can overnight (I asked at Tourist office and they said no problem) very handy if you get there on a late ferry like us or wait for your morning one ,lovely town and walks around if a little hilly!!

Hope this of help to people going there on holiday.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ayeaye

We were at this recognised stopover in Burnham on Sea about 4 years ago and had the same trouble with boy racers. Obviously things haven't improved since then. Shame because it is a nice spot beside the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

John Dough wrote: »
    so upped and left and on the way out saw a Tesco super but it was closed.
    On closer inspection I noticed people inside so beckoned to them and a lady opened up so I asked for the manager and politely asked him would it be okay to park for the night and he said no problem just park at the back.Had a peaceful night and did a large shop next morning thanking the lady fo their hospitality.

There is also a nice spot at Goodwick/Fishguard where you can overnight (I asked at Tourist office and they said no problem) very handy if you get there on a late ferry like us or wait for your morning one ,lovely town and walks around if a little hilly!!

Hope this of help to people going there on holiday.:D
    If you ask at the Customer Service desk at Tesco in UK they have a booklet with the locations, opening hours and maps to every Tesco - very handy especially if you can spot the ones that are just slightly off the motorway where the cost of fuel will be so much less than on the M-way, and in most cases they don't mind you parking overnight if you are discreet.

Re Fishguard - there used to be a handy place called Ocean World or Ocean Lab or something where you could overnight for free not far from the ferry. Haven't been through Fishguard for a while though.

Advertisement