Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTalk

Options
  • 05-08-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been dealt with before but I can't find it just now and never managed to sort it out.

How can I stop my phone switching on Gtalk all the time. I have signed out, checked the don't sign in automatically box and have stopped the process multiple times. But everytime I go to Menu-Settings-Applications-Running services, there it is, like it's taunting me or something:mad:

I don't really use Gtalk, certainly not on my phone, and would be happy to remove it.
    I'm running VillainROM 12 on Hero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

You probably still have Gmail sync on?

I believe they use the same service.

However the actual Gtalk application shouldn't be still running. Try get someone to send you a message and see if it actually pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

I go menu -> more -> sign out when in gtalk.

I think the process is still running, but I'm logged out of chat, and it stays logged out when I turn off & on the phone.

I still have gmail snyched, but it doesn't seem to log me back in.

(using android 2.1)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

You can't uninstall it (well, you actually can but shouldn't). Android uses GTalk to get the Market App to communicate with the Market. Therefore everytime you have to 'sign in' to acces the Market - you get signed in for eveything else as well.

Advertisement