Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old damaged kayak - useful to someone or fit for the dump?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I've an old sea kayak taking up space in the garage, was just going to bring it to the dump but thought I'd check if it is useful to anyone first.

It's over 20 years old, a "Lawrence 410" sit in kayak with a fiberglass hull and plastic on top I think.

It was vandalised some years ago and hasn't been repaired. It has about 5 holes in the hull, the fiberglass is torn about 8 inches in places.

Is it too old and damaged to be of use to anyone or is the dump the safest place for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Someone with a lot of spare time, epoxy resin and dedication to it might make something of it. I wouldn't take it on myself, but wait a week or two and someone might be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

scrapheap i'm afraid
    altho stick it in adverts - you'd be amazed what people will take off your hands sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Cathald04

have you got any pictures of it?? i might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭WLSM

Sorry Cathal,

I stuck it up on freetrade.ie and someone picked it up that evening.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement