Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone here from the car dismanting fraternity?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Looking for some info & maybe even advice. Have been approached by a guy about getting him set up in the dismantling world & without stepping on anyone's toes was looking for some tips & ideas.
    1. catalogue ing cars written or on computer
    2. if on computer is there a coding system or is it just make up your own?
    3. is there like a cash & carry to get them from apart from getting them from Joe Public?
    Any thoughts ideas woud be great, thanks ;)

Comments

Why did he approach you when it doesn't appear to be your field of expertise ? Anyway, lots of environmental and health and safety legislation (rightly so) around dismantlers. Starting from scratch would be an almighty effort. Industry is dominated by major players rather than loads of small time operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sirrah

I've been in the trade for 15 years largely parts background & had experience in another dismantlers but documentation was all written rather than typed. The guy who approached has all the relevant papers so no problems there. Wanted to talk to like minded professionals to maybe get some pointers & tips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

are you looking for computer software to catalogue second hand spare parts for cars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

i know a few guys in the trade, most i know dont keep computer records of parts .....
    not that computerised yet, better off speaking to the UK or Northern ireland, they much better organised

Advertisement