Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass cutting?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

So I've left my back garden get in quite the bit of a state, and need to get it sorted. Its prob too high now for just a lawnmower, and prob needs a strim too.
    anyone got any recommendations for someone to ring to get it sorted out? and how much should I expect to pay? average semi d back garden about 36ft in length.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Could you not rent a strimmer and tackle it yourself??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Why dont you magic it away? Or create an illusion that the grass is actually cut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Petrol and a match I'm telling you, much cheaper and a lot more effective. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Find a someone who owns a goat, they will be glad of the feed:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Find a someone who owns a goat, they will be glad of the feed:p

Or he could try to win the bull from the buy and sell! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

B&Q have a 20% off sale, fri, sat, sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Petrol and a match I'm telling you, much cheaper and a lot more effective. :D

Please refer to the forum charter, in particular rule 7 of said charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

zuroph wrote: »
    So I've left my back garden get in quite the bit of a state, and need to get it sorted. Its prob too high now for just a lawnmower, and prob needs a strim too.
    anyone got any recommendations for someone to ring to get it sorted out? and how much should I expect to pay? average semi d back garden about 36ft in length.

Hi

Check out the classified section of the post always people in there advertising lawn cutting services...

and now the unhelpfull bit...

in these recessionary times..my suggestion would be to harvest it and bail it and sell it to some farmers..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Have you any friendly neighbours who'd be willing to help you out as a favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

saw nine replies, thought to myself "that was quick!" :rolleyes:

I can't do it myself, as I'm weak on painkillers at the moment. gonna give a few numbers from the post a ring, but was wondering did anyone have anybody specific that they recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

exactly how high is it zuroph and what is the access like.

saw nine replies, thought to myself "that was quick!" :rolleyes:

I can't do it myself, as I'm weak on painkillers at the moment. gonna give a few numbers from the post a ring, but was wondering did anyone have anybody specific that they recommended.

Didnt know...sorry you're magic is probably a little weak too :D :cool:

kilburn wrote: »
    exactly how high is it zuroph and what is the access like.
    2-3 foot, access is via side gate, wide enough for lawnmower, not for a trailer. The grass isnt too thick, but theres some higher stalks growing, and some weeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I'd recommend a guy who goes under the name of Lawnmaster.

PM me for number if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

2-3 foot, access is via side gate, wide enough for lawnmower, not for a trailer. The grass isnt too thick, but theres some higher stalks growing, and some weeds.

Im really not being smart now but if you know someone with a horse happy days.
    Just cleared my own garden grass was 2 ft high rented the equipment from HSS hire

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What happened to the days when some young lads with a lawnmower rang your door bell asking if you wanted your grass cut for a few quid?

bazz26 wrote: »
    What happened to the days when some young lads with a lawnmower rang your door bell asking if you wanted your grass cut for a few quid?

I know! I've been waiting weeks and weeks hoping someone would call to the door! :p

Living in the wrong area

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe the height of the grass has put them off? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

All the people on boards in Limerick with no job, I'd be glad to bring my strimmer out there and shave away at it for an hour or two for you, leave you with it low enough to cut it with the lawnmower

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

With the weather the way it is and the fact that you more than likely don't want to have to redo it every week, you could cut it with a lawnmower up to the highest it'll go without the bag on, the cut the cuttings, that'll mulch the cuttings back into the lawn, not only feed it a bit but also keep it down a bit, save you doing it again and again (paying for it that is)

padma wrote: »
    All the people on boards in Limerick with no job, I'd be glad to bring my strimmer out there and shave away at it for an hour or two for you, leave you with it low enough to cut it with the lawnmower

see, I figure theres got to be a few guys unemployed doing handywork like this, I'd be glad to be throwing someone a few quid to do it. even have the lawnmower there, just need someone who can strim it and cut it back for me, tidy it up.

no problem, it would be a joy.Pm me and I'll give you my contact details etc. Im away in Dublin tomorrow, saturday and sunday, so anytime next week I'll shave it down for you. I'm no professional but when I was a youngfella I had a few summers of regular customers. My strimmers petrol so don't need electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

padma wrote: »
    no problem, it would be a joy.Pm me and I'll give you my contact details etc. Im away in Dublin tomorrow, saturday and sunday, so anytime next week I'll shave it down for you. I'm no professional but when I was a youngfella I had a few summers of regular customers. My strimmers petrol so don't need electricity

Wanna come over and clean my place while you're at it?

No problem test, damn I may set up a small business on this,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 probasic

My mother uses a really good guy called Darragh, Ennis Road area, Had him do the trees and bushes in my back garden recently, I will get his number for you, he is also so cheap I am beginning to wonder if he makes any profit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dude, I live right down the road from you if I remember correctly, I could probably wheel my mower up to you.

There was a guy called Darragh doing the garden next door today when I got home, was gonna ask him what the story was, but he was gone when i went back later. Padma says he'll be about next week to give it a go over for me. thanks for all the help guys.

Advertisement