Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC B*****!!!

Options
  • 05-08-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

just completed 2yr part time fetac level 5 course and cao now tell me my marks for first 2 modules not included with other 6 as not all completed in the same year :mad: 100 points down drain

got 2nd choice as mature but not a happy bunny!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tammyme

I've just got my cao offer on a combined certificate! sat one in 2007 and one last year! it says in their rules that you CAN combine 2 years. the only prob is if the college eg. UCC won't except 2 sittings but most other courses do! ring them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Tony and Tammyme

It really depends on the college and has nothing to do with FETAC or your centre as it clearly states in the FETAC documentation that applicants are advised at all times to confirm linked awards, any additional module requirements, application processes and scoring systems with the Admission Offices of the participating higher education institutions.

and on
    http://www.fetac.ie/fetac/documents/Prog_HEC_2010.pdf For an example whilst FETAC certificates may be acquired over a period of time it may be the institution's requirement that an applicant's major award is acheived in one sitting.

It is no harm trying the college but they will have clearly thought out this requirement so it is unlikely. But best of luck and hope you get your course.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

tonybhoy72 wrote: »
    just completed 2yr part time fetac level 5 course and cao now tell me my marks for first 2 modules not included with other 6 as not all completed in the same year :mad: 100 points down drain

got 2nd choice as mature but not a happy bunny!!!

Which course are you hoping to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tonybhoy72

Which course are you hoping to attend?
    computer security and digital forensics at lyit (letterkenny I.T. )

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tonybhoy72

got my 1st choices level 7 computer security and digital forensics and level 8 offer for applied computing:D

decisions decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

tonybhoy72 wrote: »
    got my 1st choices level 7 computer security and digital forensics and level 8 offer for applied computing:D

decisions decisions

Congratulations! :D

Anyone for Humanities in St Pats? Will have to learn to spell before I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 foggyn

hello there ,
    i just want to ask your advice on this course??
    i am thinking about applying for the degree in computer security and digital forensics at lyit (letterkenny I.T. )
    the thing is i am 56 now and would be 60 by the time i finish
    im long term unemployed so financially its not going to affect me lol
    i have worked in security but not in the IT sector.just retail. store detective etc

my question is? am i too old to enter the IT security computing profession? is it too late? any advice on whether i should persue this? would my age be a disadvantage in gaining employment after the course?

will prospective employers look at my age or my qualifications as a grounds to hire me or not?
    lots of questions i know, im just looking for feedback, if there is anyone out there that was in a similiar situation as myself how did you get on?
    i love computers and how they work,

Advertisement