Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panels: Weathertightness & Airtightness

Options
  • 05-08-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

This one has been bothering me. Given the high temperatures (at times) of the pipe work between panels\tubes and the tank inside the house, I have some concerns as follows:

How do you seal any penetrations through the roofing felt?

How do you seal any penetrations through the airtight membrane internally in a manner which will actually retain it's seal long term?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i would think the higher the grade of insulation around your pipes, the lower the surface temps of teh pipes and thus the less risk of future issues....

just a theory though..... im sure it comes down to cost... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi Sas,

I came across a material epdm for the air tight material. it i believe will work up to 120 degrees and works for airtight material. proclima sell it also. 8 euro a square i think with holes precut for your piping.

Advertisement