Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving battery life on Milestone?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Only have this phone about 24 hours, charged it fully last night, unplugged it around 8.30am this morning, full battery. Its now about to turn off due to the battery been gone...anyone any ideas on how to prolong battery life? Or had similar problems? I wasn't using it that often either as I am in work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

niallo24 wrote: »
    Only have this phone about 24 hours, charged it fully last night, unplugged it around 8.30am this morning, full battery. Its now about to turn off due to the battery been gone...anyone any ideas on how to prolong battery life? Or had similar problems? I wasn't using it that often either as I am in work.

Check battery use in settings - what's been using it the most? Email tore the ass out of my battery, i turned off automatic checking for the native (non-gmail) app so it only checks when i open it, and it made a world of difference.

The milestone's screen also seems to be a bit of a battery whore - i currently use auto brightness, but for a while i ran it set permanantly down at 30% brightness and that was the single biggest boost to battery i've got.

I get 2 days out of mine now, or 1 and a half of pretty heavy use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Check battery use in settings - what's been using it the most? Email tore the ass out of my battery, i turned off automatic checking for the native (non-gmail) app so it only checks when i open it, and it made a world of difference.

The milestone's screen also seems to be a bit of a battery whore - i currently use auto brightness, but for a while i ran it set permanantly down at 30% brightness and that was the single biggest boost to battery i've got.

I get 2 days out of mine now, or 1 and a half of pretty heavy use.

I checked the battery use earlier and the display was using the most, 63%. I was messing around with it for the first hour of this morning so I presume that was it, but I still would of expected more out of it.

I only have it set to auto check for gmail though, so not sure the email issue is something I can work on. I will try the brightness though definitely. Cheers!

Advertisement