Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How well does the Legend handle Flash?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been reading reviews of the Legend that suggest that it supports Flash with Android 2.1 but none go into specifics of how the experience actually is. I haven't found anything conclusive here using the Search function either.

What can you do/view regarding Flash on a Legend? Can you watch 4od or RTE Player?

Will any FroYo update for the Legend provide better support for Flash? When is a FroYo update for Legend likely to come?

I'm pretty keen on getting a Legend but I would want to view Flash and the Desire is out of sock with Meteor

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The legend has Flash Lite on 2.1.Wont handle 4oD or the RTE Player.Think all it actually can handle is ads and youtube videos.....

I havnt actually heard anything about Froyo for the Legend.There could be a couple of 2.2 roms available but I havnt actually looked.Not even sure how flash would perform with the Legends processor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

RTE Player isnt that smooth on the desire with Android 2.2/flash 10.1 so I expect it to be a lot worse on the Legend.

Channel 4 on Demand works quite well on the desire with flash 10.1 but I cant speak for the Legend

The Skyfire web browser uses an intermediate server to transcode flash into legacy video content and works well for some sites. RTE player didnt work for me on it using android 2.1 but you could give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The Legend won't be supporting flash. The only CPUs capable of Flash are Snapdragon class CPUs like the hummingbird in the Galaxy S or the Snapgradon itself. Pretty much any OMAP CPU device will support it as well.

In other words it needs a cortex A8 cpu. The only phones that HTC make that support flash are the Desire and the Nexus one (For now). All the other phones support Flash lite however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

groom wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm pretty keen on getting a Legend but I would want to view Flash and the Desire is out of sock with Meteor
    There's a big difference between Legend and Desire, the Desire is worth the wait even if you dont get it for another few months.

If you know someone who has a legend then ask them to try Skyfire, it might do the job but I doubt it's the complete solution you are looking for

Advertisement