Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

between kitten and young cat!

Options
  • 05-08-2010 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

right now i have 4 months old girl kitten, start explore the world in my back garden...

and start grow friend in last few days with neighbor cat ,which he is only 1 years old.

but i notice today.. when neighbor cat start jump over my kitten back.. and hold her down and stuck.. but manage to fight off.. i though it was play but keep going on until a hour which he try pin down..make me feel want that he want have sex.. so right now i keep my kitten in my house...and how to avoid this..even i cant tell my neighbor that their cat is into underage sex

so i am not kitten expert come with their sex advice :-P... it's worse than tell my girls about sex education

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

At 4 months old your kitten is not to far off reaching sexual maturity, i.e. when she will be able to get pregnant. Your neighbours male cat is already sexually mature. They may have only playing. Sometimes their play can look quite vicious and dangerous but it really is only play. To be safe (because she is so close to sexual maturity) I would keep her indoors until she is old enough to be nuetered. In fact she may be ready very very soon. Contact your vet and see what age they are willing to nueter at, every vet is slightly different.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

I wouldn't let her out before having her spayed - unless you want kittens - and she's very young. They could just be playing (our two sometimes look as if they're killing each other) but if the other cat isn't neutered then be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Some kittens can get pregnant at 4 months - so you should go to the vet & enquire about getting her neutered.

Also - it isn't good news for a small cat to be jumped on by a bigger cat even if she isn't at sexual maturity. Your kitten can catch diseases from contact, scratches and bites from other cats - things like cat flu, lieukemia (sp??) and feline AIDS for example.

Make sure your kitten is vaccinated before letting her out to play with the big boys & girls!

Advertisement