Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selecting text on Desire- A bloody nightmare!

Options
  • 05-08-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Its pretty much the only time when I wish I had an iPhone..when using boards.ie on the Desire, and you quote someone and reply..if you want to select a portion of the quote to bold it etc, its just impossible..or takes about 5 mins, whereas on the iPhone its done in 2 seconds...

Is there any way to make this easier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Swype.

71e3cfc4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

looks usable, thanks! Where do I get Swype? Didn't see it in the Market..thanks again.

Ah, just realised it's now a closed beta and links have been removed from XDA.. I'll see if I still have an .apk for it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've tried all the keyboard variants (including Swype) and chose to continue with shapewriter for text entry as the best. But the thread is about selecting text and not necessarily typing it and the OP is correct. It is difficult to select. Part of the problem is that the optical tracker is not great (arrow keys would be better) and there is also a problem with the editing in portrait mode. Landscape is much easier to edit.

You can get the knack of it by holding the tracker to get the select text menu and then moving to the point to cut or copy. For the normal text select it does take a bit of practice to use the pins to move them into position and it is easier if the text is zoomed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement