Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 APN for internet & mms please

Options
  • 05-08-2010 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

I really didn't want to have to waste a whole new thread on this, but could someone please give me the exact details to get both internet AND mms working on o2? I've tried every combination of everything, and still no luck with mms.

And do you have two seperate apn profiles for them - one internet and one mms, or do you concatenate the settings into the one apn profile?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

hey,

i just updated my ROM and now my APN section in settings is blank. I could do with these settings also.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Taken from the FAQ Sticky at the top of the forum:

Name: o2 MMS
    APN: internet
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    Username: <not set>
    Password: <not set>
    Server: http://www.o2.ie
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS Proxy 62.40.32.40
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 02
    APN type: mms

Name: o2 Internet
    APN: internet
    Proxy: 62.40.32.40
    Port: 8080
    Username: <not set>
    Server: http://www.o2.ie
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    MMS Proxy 62.40.32.40
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 02
    APN type: <not set>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

you only need the one, internet and mms settings all in one profile, so no need to create two!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

See, im still confused - one of you post settings for both, one of you say you can have all settings in the one apn profile, but when i add the "mms" bit to the "apn type" at the bottom, i lose internet!

I'll try creating two profiles

Nope, still no luck :(

The mms message just stays with an envelope with a red "busy clock" on it.

• Advertisement

Nope, still no luck :(

The mms message just stays with an envelope with a red "busy clock" on it.

android puts the two in together. one thing you need to be aware of it that the limit of 300kb's for a picture in mms is not in the android system. when I take a picture or add a picture it is not resized and so can not be sent.

I use camera 360 which does the job.

my mms works and interent works with these settings (i'm billpay)
    name: o2 Ireland (this doesnt matter really)
    apn: internet
    proxy: <not set>
    port: <not set>
    username: <not set>
    Server: <not set>
    mmsc: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    mms proxy: 62.40.32.40
    mms port: 8080
    mcc: 272
    mnc: 02
    authentication type: <not set>
    apn type: default,supl,mms

the apn type my simcard adds in not sure if required but thought I would include anyway!

hope that helps.

Cheers, but no luck. They just won't bloody send. I've pinged that o2 guy Daryll on here a message, hopefully he'll get back to me.

I would guess it is the picture resizing issue, if you can edit the picture to less than 300kb and try that? i had that issue as I said and discovered the stock android messaging app doesn't re-size. apparently handcent and chomp sms do though.

No, using a 179kb pic. I dunno. F'in sick of it now - why doesn't o2 have a feckin page "android apn for internet and mms". Couldn't be that hard - i can't even start looking at other reasons why it's not working because i cant eliminate the fact that i may not have 100% correct settings!

another way to do it is to delete the profile you have and extract the details from the sim card (presuming that it works in another phone?)

if does not work in another phone it could be on o2's side, as in the system is blocking you by mistake!

• Advertisement

Ye cheers, i think i'll wait till the o2 rep on here gets back to me - theres no point putting it in another phone because the apn layout doesnt show the same stuff. It could be that they need to enable it on their side or something.

o2's customer service is pretty crap though - i mailed them over a week ago about this and havent heard anything :(

there's a thread here on o2 forum with o2 rep confirming the settings. but I think since they are the same as what we've given here must be something their end.

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Android/Nexus-One-Android-APN-Settings/td-p/131907

Finally! Turns out it wasn't activated on their end :rolleyes:

For reference, the settings that give me internet + mms are:

name: o2 Ireland (this can be anything)
    apn: internet
    proxy: <not set>
    port: <not set>
    username: <not set>
    Server: <not set>
    mmsc: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
    mms proxy: 62.40.32.40
    mms port: 8080
    mcc: 272
    mnc: 02
    authentication type: <not set>
    apn type: <not set>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Mine says it sent by the missus did`nt get it, wish there was a way to confirm it was sent?

lewis wrote: »
    Mine says it sent by the missus did`nt get it, wish there was a way to confirm it was sent?

sometimes takes time to travel, but if says sent then the network has accepted it so its floating about somewhere.

eoferrall wrote: »
    sometimes takes time to travel, but if says sent then the network has accepted it so its floating about somewhere.

She`s got an iphone*sighs*, would it be able to send it from an Android?

lewis wrote: »
    She`s got an iphone*sighs*, would it be able to send it from an Android?

the handsets should not make a difference, like with text messages. don't know why she didnt receive it if your phone says sent. might be one for the network?

It sent & received!! The fecker, had to change the settings again, both are from O2.ie

I tried from herself`s phone but it does`nt finish sending, there`s just a little bit left...

Advertisement