Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Saves Man's Life By Eating His Toe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I wonder what that story would have read like had it been a bull breed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"He sensed an infection". No, he probably got a very strong smell from it, gave it a lick and a bite, and not getting any response from his owner, that became the green light to eat the smelly thing, like dogs do.

I agree with peasant, if it had been a bull breed, the headline would have been, "Man rushed to hospital after terror attack from pit bull", describing how the man's foot was savaged beyond recognition after a sustained attack from the dog while his owner had blacked out from his diabetes.
    It would also have ended with, "The dog has been destroyed by the authorities".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pugsnotdrugs

seamus wrote: »

I agree with peasant, if it had been a bull breed, the headline would have been, "Man rushed to hospital after terror attack from pit bull", describing how the man's foot was savaged beyond recognition after a sustained attack from the dog while his owner had blacked out from his diabetes.
    It would also have ended with, "The dog has been destroyed by the authorities".

:rolleyes:

Haha - that's so true! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well so much for the "a cat would eat a dead owner, but a dog would lie by his side pining" argument that cat haters are so fond of!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pugsnotdrugs

tman wrote: »
    Well so much for the "a cat would eat a dead owner, but a dog would lie by his side pining" argument that cat haters are so fond of!

Actually I remember reading last year about a pair of pugs that ate their owner after he had died. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1236663/Two-pugs-fed-owners-body-killed-himself.html

It didn't really surprise me though as I can imagine our greedy pug eating me if he was given half the chance!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

OMG ffs, how drunk was the owner that he didnt wake up when his toe was being eaten!!!

:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

yungwan wrote: »
    OMG ffs, how drunk was the owner that he didnt wake up when his toe was being eaten!!!

Apparently the twat had left the thing rot for quite a while, so I'd say the nerves in his toe were already dead and the whole thing was just a piece of.
    So whether the dog found that appetizing or he tried to help his master I dunno, but there you go.

Now if the mutt had bitten the OTHER toe I'd say he would have known.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Typical media reporting

Headline:
    Starving pet dogs 'fed on owner's body'

Later in the article:
    Humane Society spokesman Mark Langan said he can't verify the dogs - aged three and four - had fed on the body, but he says it would be normal behaviour for dogs left without food or water for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

yungwan wrote: »

He has type 2 diabetes. If he got pissed out of his brains it's possible that he was in a hyperglycaemic coma, in which case you could bang him on the head with a frying pan and he wouldn't wake up.

Advertisement