Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 100 arming/disarming question

Options
  • 05-08-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I have a Europlex Signet 100 system installed with 4 wired zones and 10 Wireless Zones. The System also has a PSTN module connected and is also monitored. Recently I changed monitoring companies and when the technician from the new company came to update settings on my system he managed to lock everyone out of it, his excuse was that he had never worked on one of these systems before. He ended up defaulting the system and starting again.

Ever since the system was defaulted, every time I do a fullset arm or disarm the system rings through to the monitoring service. I have asked the technician about changing this option and he doesn't seem to know how to do it. I don't need the monitoring service to know every time I arm or disarm the system.

Does anyone know how to change this setting on a Europlex Signet 100. I have consulted the instruction manual but it doesn't say in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

He has arm and disarm signals going to the cs. This could be sorted remotely by the installation company but going by what you've said I doubt it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer goto
    Communication
    Central Station > edit> select
    Arrow down to
    Reported events & select
    Arrow down trough the events
    If anything other than Alarm , Restore & Confirmed has a * beside it select that , arrow down to disable & select again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

aka_alex wrote: »
    I have a Europlex Signet 100 system installed with 4 wired zones and 10 Wireless Zones. The System also has a PSTN module connected and is also monitored. Recently I changed monitoring companies and when the technician from the new company came to update settings on my system he managed to lock everyone out of it, his excuse was that he had never worked on one of these systems before. He ended up defaulting the system and starting again.

Ever since the system was defaulted, every time I do a fullset arm or disarm the system rings through to the monitoring service. I have asked the technician about changing this option and he doesn't seem to know how to do it. I don't need the monitoring service to know every time I arm or disarm the system.

Does anyone know how to change this setting on a Europlex Signet 100. I have consulted the instruction manual but it doesn't say in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

It really amazes me how installers with problems with systems they dont use cant ring the manufacture for tech support. The installer should of known it was set up to report the arm/disarm to the central station.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Altor, I do agree with you, I can't understand why they can't find out what they need to do. Before they came near my house I had informed them of what system I had installed.

Koolkid, I tried what you suggested but can't seem to find the Reported Events option. I logged on as engineer, went to communications, central station, edit and select. I then get the following

FF and (account id) number. If I press select on this (there are no other options) I get the following options:

Account ID
    Account Name
    Protocol
    1st Phone Number
    2nd Phone Number
    Dial Attempts
    Channels
    Priority
    Automatic Test

I have looked in all options for anything resembling Reported Events and can't seem to find anything.

Have you any other ideas.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its reporting channels insted of SIA ?
    Change Protocol to SIA Ex 1.
    When you go back in then Reported events should be there insted of channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You may want to let your cs know that you are changing protocols

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

aka_alex wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for your replies. Altor, I do agree with you, I can't understand why they can't find out what they need to do. Before they came near my house I had informed them of what system I had installed.

And then leave you to find out how to sort the alarm :eek: I hope they do the descent thing and give you your monitoring free for the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭aka_alex

Koolkid, many thanks, that worked.

I am going to approach the company today and have a lil chat with them regarding all that has happened with changing over to use their service. Will see what they say.

Many thanks for all your help and will keep you informed of what is said.

If you want some options on other stations to use give me a shout.

Advertisement