Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday accomodation

Options
  • 05-08-2010 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've decided to 'staycation' this year - hate the term, but there ya go. On foot of RTEs morning series on staycation experiences, I decided to contact Letterfrack Lodge hostel. Hostelling seemed to me to be the most economical way I would actually manage to enjoy a holiday in this country. I've hostelled all around Europe and love it. So I decided to contact Letterfrack Lodge hostel. Lo and behold - they offer a double room (with breakfast) for 60 euro a night !!! But because I am single, they are going to offer me a single rate of 55€ per night .... this is a HOSTEL???? Is it me???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

chattergal wrote: »
    I've decided to 'staycation' this year - hate the term, but there ya go. On foot of RTEs morning series on staycation experiences, I decided to contact Letterfrack Lodge hostel. Hostelling seemed to me to be the most economical way I would actually manage to enjoy a holiday in this country. I've hostelled all around Europe and love it. So I decided to contact Letterfrack Lodge hostel. Lo and behold - they offer a double room (with breakfast) for 60 euro a night !!! But because I am single, they are going to offer me a single rate of 55€ per night .... this is a HOSTEL???? Is it me???

Double Room Ensuite with breakfast, thats not too bad.
    My experience with Hostels around Europe is around 40 - 60 euros / night, double room/single room ensuite.

Cheapest i've gotten was 22.50 for a Single room Ensuite in the A&O Hostel on Duesseldorf.

Hostels are generally only cheap when you stay in a Dorm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 webaddict

I agree, I guess you can get a good deal with hotels in Ireland at the moment as well. For example, in Killarney some hotels and B&B offering rates around 35eur incl. breakfast at the moment. Hostels might not be the cheapest if you stay in a single room.

Advertisement