Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours alarm going off since 5pm yesterday...what can I do?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Live in a low rise apt block and the apt undernearth mine has an alarm. It was set off yesterday evening and it hasnt stopped since. This happens a few times a year. Usually only for part of a day. Happened once before for 5 days. Constants high pitch sound, it's so annoying.

Didnt get a good nights sleep last night, can even hear it over the TV when you turn it up really loud.

What are my options here? I have a feeling the neighbour is gone away. I cant listen to this any longer. Have put a note in the door but I need this turned off soon or I will go nuts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

T-rev wrote: »
    Live in a low rise apt block and the apt undernearth mine has an alarm. It was set off yesterday evening and it hasnt stopped since. This happens a few times a year. Usually only for part of a day. Happened once before for 5 days. Constants high pitch sound, it's so annoying.

Didnt get a good nights sleep last night, can even hear it over the TV when you turn it up really loud.

What are my options here? I have a feeling the neighbour is gone away. I cant listen to this any longer. Have put a note in the door but I need this turned off soon or I will go nuts.

There is nothing you can do without getting access to the apartment from the owner. When they do come back you can ask them to get the settings in the panel changed so it will only go off for the 15 minute max time allowed. There is a law coming in by the end of the year that every alarm will have to have this 15 minute cut off time.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

whats the default time on a hKC alarm? if the tags in the SABB bell are set for 20min will it turn off after that?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not if the trigger is coming from the alarm.
    The system should be programmed to cut out afer 15 minutes with a max of 3 rearms.
    It could be a fault on the bell connections . If there is an intermittant connection on power going to the SABB this can keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I must check my own alarm so I thought once the bell was set that would do, what menu do you check to make sure its 15min? I take it the 3 reams just sets the alarm again after 15min?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its in Timers , bell times.
    Depending on the software version these are set automatically once EN50131 is selected.

The 3 rearms basically means even with a faulty sensor reactivating the alarm the max it should ring for is 1 hour .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

I must check my own alarm so I thought once the bell was set that would do, what menu do you check to make sure its 15min? I take it the 3 reams just sets the alarm again after 15min?

You need to check this in the timers menu in engineering. External bell plus internal bell must be set to 15 minutes.

Advertisement