Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Tops Boards.ie Poll

Options
  • 05-08-2010 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Limerick City Tops Boards.ie Poll - For all the wrong reasons.

Is this how Ireland's largest gathering of online Commentators sees Limerick City - The biggest Sh!thole in Ireland?

- Personally I think they are simply being perceptive and brutally honest.......

Link.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

This would be a "largest gathering" most of whom are from Dublin ?

If the poll said "only comment or vote if you have been there" I'd say something, but most of those voting and commenting in After Hours are Dubs who talk through their arses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    This would be a "largest gathering" most of whom are from Dublin ?

And have probably never been in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Dublin is winning, the combined vote for Tallagh and Blanchardstown is higher than the vote for Limerick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Raiser wrote: »
    Limerick City Tops Boards.ie Poll - For all the wrong reasons.

Is this how Ireland's largest gathering of online Commentators sees Limerick City - The biggest Sh!thole in Ireland?

- Personally I think they are simply being perceptive and brutally honest.......

Link.

And what can you expect when a Limerick resident like yourself posts what you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Melion wrote: »
    And what can you expect when a Limerick resident like yourself posts what you did?

I make no apology for calling it as I see it ;)

- I even held back a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

A few things i noticed going through that thread.

While Limerick is leading the poll, It is only mentioned in the 12 pages around 3 or 4 times, the worst comment of which was by our very own raiser.

The majority of the posts on the thread claim that certain areas in Dublin are the worst in the country, yet only Tallaght reflects this in the poll.

I wouldn't take this poll too seriously lads, there have actually almost as many positive posts on the thread about limerick as negative. This is, as usual, people who've never been here commenting on something they think they know about, when in fact all they know is what they've read in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

It's not the place.. it's certain groups of people which make it a ****hole.

Location wise, middle of the country, along the river Shannon - no issues here.

Besides the fact that it rains a lot..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

An After Hours poll is about as as earth moving as joining a facebook group. Like most After Hours threads I lost interest half way down page 1. Next...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

The top two are the area's which appear on the news more often than anywhere else being Limerick and Tallaght.It shocking that people in this country cannot form an opinion themselves and depend on the Rte Sensationalism to form their view on areas.Limerick has some major flaws of course but no gangland deaths in over a year,the pedestrianization of the city,the tunnel shows that slowly but surely we are on the way up.

Also i was disgusted to see a "Limerick" man shout down his city in the mentioned thread.Raiser why don't u move if things are so bad here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

What goes on in After Hours, stays in After Hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement