Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights from SE Asia to Australia

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭

Me and the significant other are planning a trip to South East asia for a few months next year and were looking into going to Australia for a little before heading home. My problem is knowing which city would be the best to fly from, best time of year to do it etc. We were considering flying Melbourne but not particularly fussy. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Air Asia to Melbourne from Kuala Lumpur is probably the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

yeah this seems pretty good value. beter than from Bangkok anyway. cheers. Is Kuala Lumpur a decent city to visit does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Go onto momondo.com

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

p to the e wrote: »
    yeah this seems pretty good value. beter than from Bangkok anyway. cheers. Is Kuala Lumpur a decent city to visit does anyone know?

Yes, I really loved it. Was the biggest surprise of my trip because Malaysia wasn't a country I was particularly excited to get to.

Very cheap electronics. So if you don't have a camera, buy one there. Nice china town with food. Exciting enough day trips to see elephants and fire flies and stuff.

Advertisement