Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone It Forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Do we really need an AIT forum. There is generally a great attitude in town towards the students, and most people in Athlone end up in AIT anyway. It allows the people of Athlone to give advice re: accomadation, transport etc, as they may not check out the AIT forum regularly. I don't see why people can't just post their AIT queries in the Westmeath forum. Its not like it is mad busy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Do we really need an AIT forum. There is generally a great attitude in town towards the students, and most people in Athlone end up in AIT anyway. It allows the people of Athlone to give advice re: accomadation, transport etc, as they may not check out the AIT forum regularly. I don't see why people can't just post their AIT queries in the Westmeath forum. Its not like it is mad busy anyway.

Good man. This is what i love about boards. None of this pandering to the masses crap. People actually tell like it is. Of course the college doesnt need its own forum - most students of the college post here anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

Not true. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Well I suppose the tossers all piss off to Dublin & Galway and come back with fake accents!

Disregarding my sweeping statement, AIT does not need its own forum.
    The 3 people from Athlone that I know on boards all check the Westmeath forum regularly. we all went through AIT and have offered our advice to posters enquiring about AIT. If AIT has its own forum I will not check it as regularly and people may end up losing valuable info, or having to post twice. So far there has been no issue with people posting about AIT in the Athlone forum.

Would be just as easy to put a sticky for AIT in the forum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

Well I suppose the tossers all piss off to Dublin & Galway and come back with fake accents!

Disregarding my sweeping statement, AIT does not need its own forum.
    The 3 people from Athlone that I know on boards all check the Westmeath forum regularly. we all went through AIT and have offered our advice to posters enquiring about AIT. If AIT has its own forum I will not check it as regularly and people may end up losing valuable info, or having to post twice. So far there has been no issue with people posting about AIT in the Athlone forum.

Would be just as easy to put a sticky for AIT in the forum?
    I think this is an excellent idea, Having just looked at the forum request there doesn't
    seem to be enough support for an individual forum. The westmeath forum seems to
    be the best place to look for advice as some of the posters have gone to A.I.T. and
    live in Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Well, she's now live :) for all your A.I.T. related questions

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1390

Advertisement