Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson W302 Roaming problem - Screen flashes up blank

Options
  • 04-08-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a Sony Ericsson W302 phone and wondering has anyone seen this issue before. Whenever I travel to the UK (probably happens in all other countries bar ROI too) the phone screen lights up blank every few minutes. The phone functions correctly and is fine but this kills the battery which means if I am in the UK I'm getting only a few hours max. out of the phone before it dies.

I think the problem (could be wrong) is that it may constantly be searching for the Vodafone IE network or something like that. I tried changing settings such as preferred network - Automatic/Manuel but this doesn't seem to make a difference. The phone displays as connected to Vodafone UK.

Was wondering has anyone seen this issue before with any phone and have any possible remedy? Also, I don't think it is a fault on my phone as my friend has the exact same model of phone and gets the very same issue when travelling to UK.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

Hi

Any suggestions on this?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 algp66

Hi.

Probably not very useful, but I have the same model W302 sony-ericsson, working with a Vodafone Spain SIM, but the movil phone was not buyed to Vodafone, so is not locked to Vodafone. When I used the phone in Portugal and Germany I got the same failure, the screen that turn on very often and battery run out quick.

I asked sony-erickson chat support, I got an amazing answer... to download the sony-ericson updater... that for this model does absolutely nothing!!!. No firmware update for this phone....

I have also sent a mail to them asking but until now I got no answer.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 didirules

Hi, yeah, i have the same problem. I regularly go to holland with the phone, and i visited a vodafone store there... they simply said that my problem was "not possible"... they didnt believe that it only happened abroad. they said it was my fault and that i must have dropped it and that it would do the same thing back here in ireland. GRRRR. Good to know im not going crazy tho btw.

Advertisement