Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Papers for dogs.

Options
  • 04-08-2010 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me out, im looking for the papers for a GSD i have, i have The Irish Kennel CLub Registration Certificate.

I was wondering is this the dogs papers? that you would need for shows/breeding?

Sorry if this has been brought up before i had a look but to no avail.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The breeder normally gives you the papers when you pick up the pup. Can you not go back to the breeder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The IKC registration cert is what you need for showing etc, they are often referred to as the "Papers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 timesaremoving

Cheers for the help.

New to all of this, is the IKC registration the "Papers" you need to breed a dog or are they different?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes, they are the papers people talk about.
    If they are the Irish Kennel Club ones with the breeders details, dogs pedigree and name etc then thats them.

Just make sure the papers are transferred into your own name as the dog must be in your name to show the dog and to register a litter if you breed from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm pretty sure this is the document you need.

DSC012134.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Cheers for the help.

New to all of this, is the IKC registration the "Papers" you need to breed a dog or are they different?
    you will need the ikc cert, but also as a reponsible breeder you should have a documents outlining the dogs lines. this should be checked with the other breeder dog to ensure the widest dogs line. afaik.not a breeder myself.

Advertisement