Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House in Hyde road destroyed?Why?

Options
  • 04-08-2010 7:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I was there nearly every day either getting a lift or bus into the city.If you go from the station up Hyde road less than half way on the left hand side theres is 2 houses one has been burned/fire damaged and then next door a well kept house with double glazing,peddle dashed,nice walls but it look like it was been totally ran sacked all the good windows have been broken,the door is hanging on it hinges

Anyone know what the hell happened or why good houses like this are going to ruin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nazman

location x 3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

There is a 3rd house?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Don't know which nice house you are talking about, but most (all?) of the 'nice' houses on hyde road are owned by criminals. (google)

All the burnt out ones (i guess?) were normal decent people who were petrol bombed out of it.

The one next dorr was clearly fire damaged not sure accident or patrol bomb being honest but the house next door was clearly lived in and looked after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

These houses were pulled down as part of the regeneration...the were a haven for drug addicts so it was decided to turn them back into green areas...

A good idea if i ever seen one...

• Advertisement

No this house is still very much there its a in a terrace so doubt it will be knocked.Actually i saw a corner house that was knocked down up there and i dont know which looks worse the boarded up house or the rubbish tip the green area has turned into

bigpink wrote: »
    the door is hanging on it hinges

So are all the doors in this house!:D ;)

shaaane wrote: »
    So are all the doors in this house!:D ;)

meant to say hanging off its hinges because its been battered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

broken up by a few kids is what happened it...the usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

theres lots of houses like this in various estates in Limerick

• Advertisement

what amazes me as where this house is there has been undercover cops stationed for weeks...rite outside it...the one time there not around this happens lol..

well theres the answer to the OPs question to why :)

It was a well kept house a gang just destroyed someones house in the middle of a housing estate?

steveon wrote: »
    broken up by a few kids is what happened it...the usual
    Are you living up that way?

i live a few mins away...a friend lives 2 doors away from said house...its sad...as there are such lovely people living in the area...who take such great care of their homes...that house I think wasnt sold 2 long ago...so Im not sure why it happend...

i live a few mins away...a friend lives 2 doors away from said house...its sad...as there are such lovely people living in the area...who take such great care of their homes...that house I think wasnt sold 2 long ago...so Im not sure why it happend...

Thats a disgrace if we are talking bout the same house,surely the media should highlight,i must try take a a pic of it

But why were there undercover cops outside it 24/7?

there following certain families around wherever they go ....etc etc.

So that house was owned by a crime gang?Was the burned out one an accident or was arson

Im not sure if Im honest but it has been left in a disgraceful condition on such an important and busy road I just cant beleive its still left looking that way for weeks now...my mate has approached Maria Byrne concerning it so hopefully if for peats sake they will cover it up somehow..

• Advertisement

Someone could live in that house if it was fixed up hopfully

there a lovely house, very spacious with a great view out onto Cahills football pitch..

I wouldnt know the area at all being honest,i just know from passing up that road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

Shouldn have built a major road going through it

Story_Bud wrote: »
    Shouldn have built a major road going through it

Why?Dont think theres a major road through it also it doesnt excuse this damage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Story_Bud

I just think it aint a smart move putting a major road through an " estate " and also from living in the area i heard that it was an accident but if its the house i think your talking about .. its been lik that way for some time :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

there a lovely house, very spacious with a great view out onto Cahills football pitch..

cal's football field - as in Caladonian Park

Story_Bud wrote: »
    I just think it aint a smart move putting a major road through an " estate " and also from living in the area i heard that it was an accident but if its the house i think your talking about .. its been lik that way for some time :L

A major road?..This damagae deffo wasnt an accident

Advertisement