Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenancy - Minimum Bedroom Sizes

Options
  • 04-08-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Heya - any help would be greatly appreciated on this.

Are there any minimum sizes for bedrooms in rented accommodation? Private houses - not apartments and not social housing.

I have been looking through the new Building Regs, the 2004 Act and the 1993 Building Regs and there seems to be no mention of it.

I think I saw that there is a code of practice from the Dept of the Environment that single rooms need to be a min of 6.5m squared and doubles need to be a min of 10.2m squared. I don't know where I saw these figures and if they do exist whether they have any legal force??

Could anyone clarify this? Thanks a mill in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I reckon you might get a quicker answer if you post this on the Property and Accomodation forum.

Advertisement