Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Released Saga and VOTC figures spotted in Smyths

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Hmmm, those ones have been in Tesco's and FP for a few weeks now, plus they're all (admittedly very nice) repacks. Are we ever going to see a new non-Clone Wars figure in Smyths again? How long has it been now? All very well seling the vehicles, but where's the Luke Snowspeeder pilot, or Dack, or the AT-AT Commander, to go in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Hi, just wondering which Simths thes were in?, Thanks

Just wondering, there not the packs on the figures in Smyths in Tallaght

Those repacked figures were certainly in the Tallaght Smyths on Tuesday. Also Tescos in the Square. I have been griping about these being repacks, but I suppose that the VOTC Bossk, Zuckuss and IG-88 were never available outside of over-priced clamshells in Forbidden Planet, so it's fair enough.

Yeah I saw the saga collection figures in Smyths, Tallaght, today alright but there not on the vintage style Star Wars card backs, are the ones in Tesco on the old style card backs? Thanks

• Advertisement

No, no sign of those beauties. When I say 'Vintage' style I meant that the 'new' figures are repacks of the old VOTC figures. Given the mountains of unsellable stock they have in every Smyths I seriously doubt we're ever going to see those there. I wonder if Toys'R'Us up north have them?

Yeah, pity the ones featured in the post above look cool, with the vintage SW card back, not to keen on the ones i saw yesterday in smyths. as for the clone figures they have, dont get me started...... although there now 2 for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Tordelback wrote: »
    Hmmm, those ones have been in Tesco's and FP for a few weeks now, plus they're all (admittedly very nice) repacks. Are we ever going to see a new non-Clone Wars figure in Smyths again? How long has it been now? All very well seling the vehicles, but where's the Luke Snowspeeder pilot, or Dack, or the AT-AT Commander, to go in them?

I know what you mean. I'd say they will be out sometime later this month. They seem to have them on amazon uk at the moment. I don't think they will be available over here until late this month or maybe next month. I can't wait until they hit the shelves in Ireland myself.
    49ers fan wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering which Simths thes were in?, Thanks

They were in Tallaght. But I'm sure they are available at all the other Smyth's shops.

We should use this thread keep each other informed of developments! I have bugger all cash for Star Wars (or anything else) at the moment, but I do a lot of driving about Dublin/Kildare/Meath for work and still try to stick my head into any toyshops I'm near at break times. There's a few new (and not so new) figures out there that I would gladly go without food for, if only I could find them...

Yeah will do. Thanks Nephilm, as I say, saw these in Tallaght but thier not on the old style card backs, would prefer those backs with the retro look..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Tordelback wrote: »
    We should use this thread keep each other informed of developments! I have bugger all cash for Star Wars (or anything else) at the moment, but I do a lot of driving about Dublin/Kildare/Meath for work and still try to stick my head into any toyshops I'm near at break times. There's a few new (and not so new) figures out there that I would gladly go without food for, if only I could find them...

Thats a great idea Tordelback, in fact I think I'll rename this thread. Unfortunately I just noticed that you can't edit the title of the thread sadly.:(

Advertisement