Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with bird that just crashed into the office window

Options
  • 04-08-2010 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice here from people that might know about how to treat/handle birds.

A thrush just crashed into the office window and landed on the ledge. For a few minutes it was just lying there and then it got up but was breathing really quickly and had its eyes shut but mouth wide open.

I got a box and put a jumper in it and carefully picked up the bird and but it into the box. I also put a small bowl of water and some bread in the box. The breathing has slowed down a bit and the birds beak is now shut and eyes are open.

What do I do next though? Should I just leave the bird in the box for a few hours to see how it fares or is there something else I should do? There is a vet a few miles away but I wont be able to go there until at least 1.30pm.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement