Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook 1.3

Options
  • 04-08-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭

A new version of the Facebook app has been released and it's a whole lot better than the previous one.

chart?cht=qr&chs=150x150&chl=market%3A%2F%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dpname%3Acom.facebook.katana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

just got it there, seems a lot more polished alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Yep it does seem nicer. How come the Market isn't notifying me of updatable apps now?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

hmmmm my installation failed for some reason... leeDroid 1.6 if anyone has the same issue? Is there a way of drilling down into why an installation failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yelnahs wrote: »
    hmmmm my installation failed for some reason... leeDroid 1.6 if anyone has the same issue? Is there a way of drilling down into why an installation failed?
    Trey killing the market app using a task killer and start the install again. This usually works for me (where the problem is caused by running market enabler without restarting the market).

Trey killing the market app using a task killer and start the install again. This usually works for me (where the problem is caused by running market enabler without restarting the market).

Thanks for the tip but I tried stopping both market and appbrain and neither worked... I'll go onto the XDA forums, I'm sure someone else is having the issue as well.

• Advertisement

Yelnahs wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip but I tried stopping both market and appbrain and neither worked... I'll go onto the XDA forums, I'm sure someone else is having the issue as well.

Wow.

I flashed my new rom on Saturday and I'm already 3 versions old. Its now on V1.7b. I'll reflash and I'm sure it'll fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm using leeDroid too and had the same problem. Just uninstall the old facebook app before you download the new one and it should work fine.

EGriff wrote: »
    I'm using leeDroid too and had the same problem. Just uninstall the old facebook app before you download the new one and it should work fine.

Legend, thanks man. Worked a treat.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Looks alot nicer, but still have no chat on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ethernet likes this.

Looks very different. Big improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Nice improvement. But still a limit on how many messages it'll show in a message thread in your inbox, which is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nice improvement. But still a limit on how many messages it'll show in a message thread in your inbox, which is annoying.

Well I'm not that popular so it doesn't affect me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

its good but there should be a chat feature. also, whenever you click on a notification, it brings you to the browser :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Looks good. Big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fjsanchez wrote: »
    its good but there should be a chat feature. also, whenever you click on a notification, it brings you to the browser :mad:
    You can use something like eBuddy for the chat (it also ties into MSN, Google Talk and the usual others).

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

anyone want to post screens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

is this a different app than the one on the stock nexus?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

JohnK wrote: »
    is this a different app than the one on the stock nexus?
    Well this is what 1.3 looks like.

340x_facebook_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

ok, yeah that looks somewhat different alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I had the iPhone before I got my nexus, nexus is a much better phone before I get thrown off here :D. On the iPhone it had the chat feature, but on droid it still doesn't. I don't see why we don't. It would make the app perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I had the iPhone before I got my nexus, nexus is a much better phone before I get thrown off here :D. On the iPhone it had the chat feature, but on droid it still doesn't. I don't see why we don't. It would make the app perfect.
    I think everyone on here would love to have chat enabled on the Android version.

I think everyone on here would love to have chat enabled on the Android version.

Is there any reason why it isn't?

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Is there any reason why it isn't?
    Not that I know of and all the stuff I read there is no mention as to why it was left out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Battery usage issues....

AndroidPolice

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Battery usage issues....

AndroidPolice

Was just about to post this. I had to uninstall it as it was eating my battery.

Battery usage issues....

AndroidPolice

Haven't noticed it on mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    You can use something like eBuddy for the chat (it also ties into MSN, Google Talk and the usual others).

I know, but it would be nice to have Facebook and chat all in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Battery usage issues....

AndroidPolice

Not noticed it here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theneed2rock

Not coming up for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Noticed a huge battery issue today after installing the new update last night. Usually after taking the phone off the charger at 8am it's at about 35% by midnight that night. Today it was dead by 6pm. Thought it was Tasker which I also set up last night. It must be Facebook.

Advertisement