Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc Mediabox and Logitech harmony 1100

Options
  • 04-08-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have UPC HD (mediabox?) and a Harmony 1100 remote. All is working fine except that I can't get back out of any menu using the remote. The "return/exit" button on the remote doesn't seem to work with the HD box.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭belmulletman

elderlemon wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have UPC HD (mediabox?) and a Harmony 1100 remote. All is working fine except that I can't get back out of any menu using the remote. The "return/exit" button on the remote doesn't seem to work with the HD box.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    thanks,

In the Harmony Remote software, you need to select "Customize Buttons" in the activity you use (I'm going to assume it's "Watch TV")
    In there, scroll down to the "Exit" button, selected the device as your UPC Media Box (or what ever you've enter it in as) and then, select "UPC" as the command in the other drop down menu. This will act like the UPC button on the normal remote and preform an "exit" command. So where ever you are, you press exit and you'll be returned to the tv.
    If you want to go back a level, I've the "Prev" button on my Harmony 525 set to the UPC device and the command set to "ChannelPrev" (this also works as a back to the previous channel you were watching button, so you can flick between to channels you're trying to keep an eye on without having to input the channel numbers each time).

Let me know if this works for you.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

ah. On my page (hard buttons) there is no EXIT button listed. Just the usual vol up/down , chan up/down , mute etc.

ah. On my page (hard buttons) there is no EXIT button listed. Just the usual vol up/down , chan up/down , mute etc.

Try the tabs at the top that says "Other Buttons" That should give you control over what the "on screen" buttons do (to my knowledge)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

This is prob a silly question... but is there a "back" button on the Logitech? If not you can program the back button on the UPC remote to work with a corresponding button of some sort on the Logitech.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    This is prob a silly question... but is there a "back" button on the Logitech? If not you can program the back button on the UPC remote to work with a corresponding button of some sort on the Logitech.

I've got a "Prev" button on my remote (Harmony 525) that I've set to preform the same function as the "back arrow" on the UPC remotes (i.e. jump back to the previous channel / go back one level in the menu).

Is that what you're asking about?

• Advertisement

There is a back button (arrow) on the logitech but it looks like its reserved and cannot be reprogrammed.

What I've done instead is add an "Exit" soft button (left and right of the screen) under menu that acts like the exit/back button on the UPC remote.

Works just dandy. Thanks for all the help. Must say its a slick remote.

It was really an "exit" button to get me back out of guide/info screens. See post above for how I got it working.

thanks
    I've got a "Prev" button on my remote (Harmony 525) that I've set to preform the same function as the "back arrow" on the UPC remotes (i.e. jump back to the previous channel / go back one level in the menu).

Yep more or less it.

There is a back button (arrow) on the logitech but it looks like its reserved and cannot be reprogrammed.

What I've done instead is add an "Exit" soft button (left and right of the screen) under menu that acts like the exit/back button on the UPC remote.

Works just dandy. Thanks for all the help. Must say its a slick remote.

Great stuff. Yes, Logitech are a superb brand. One remote for all devices is a great way to go. It's murder trying to find several different controllers!

By the way do you find the Logitech a better companion for the UPC STB? Do you find the box more responsive?

Great stuff. Yes, Logitech are a superb brand. One remote for all devices is a great way to go. It's murder trying to find several different controllers!

By the way do you find the Logitech a better companion for the UPC STB? Do you find the box more responsive?

The remote won't make the box more responsive, but it does have 2 ir transmitters and a greater IR spread, so you don't need to "aim" it so precisely in order to make it work.

I've had Logitech Harmony Remotes for about 5 odd years... LOVE them. They just control everything. Can be a bit "finicky" to set up, but once you do, they work like a dream (and because your settings are stored on a Logitech Server, you can change PC / whatever and still have your settings to put onto a new remote if you move / upgrade).

Love how it controls my Xbox360 and PS3 (PS3 requires an adapter to work). So watching Blu-ray on the PS3 or Renting Movies on my Xbox, I don't have to find the controller, just press the "Play Xbox" / "Play PS3" and it does all the work changing the channels, Audio Inputs on my AV Reciever and turn on / off everything. I can't recommend them enough.

• Advertisement

The wife was getting a little pissed of with all the remotes. One for the tv, one for the UPC , one for the av receiver, one for the blueray etc etc. The Harmony is the solution for all that.

I love the touch screen and the way you can reprogram almost anything. So much to set up but lots of fun.
    The remote won't make the box more responsive, but it does have 2 ir transmitters and a greater IR spread, so you don't need to "aim" it so precisely in order to make it work.

I've had Logitech Harmony Remotes for about 5 odd years... LOVE them. They just control everything. Can be a bit "finicky" to set up, but once you do, they work like a dream (and because your settings are stored on a Logitech Server, you can change PC / whatever and still have your settings to put onto a new remote if you move / upgrade).

Love how it controls my Xbox360 and PS3 (PS3 requires an adapter to work). So watching Blu-ray on the PS3 or Renting Movies on my Xbox, I don't have to find the controller, just press the "Play Xbox" / "Play PS3" and it does all the work changing the channels, Audio Inputs on my AV Reciever and turn on / off everything. I can't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Delighted with mine, great to be rid of the Chorus/UPC remote control as it is completely pants.

Advertisement