Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Comandante Red Malbec?

Options
  • 03-08-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have just been converted from a white wine drinker to a red wine lover to say the least. A bottle of Argentinian Malbec from an Irish wine maker called Michael Lynch was given to me as a gift, and I must say the pure pleasure I have had drinking this full bodied cherry wine was bliss. My only problem is I don't know where to find this wine, Can anyone help, I don't want the embarrasment of asking said giver of gift, Any suggestions will be appreciated. :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/El-Comandante-Argentinian-Wines/10150148881560158?v=info
    This is the facebook page for El Comandante. Lists a good few retail outlets around the country...

edit - on further reading, it says the Mr. Lynch died shortly after the wine was imported, and production was halted, but that his son has taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shoefloozy

Thanks a million Spaceoddity, I appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I don't know this wine specifically (although I see it's available in Deveneys, from the facebook page) but there are many Malbecs available, I got 2 decent ones in Superquinn there recently, and to be honest I've never had a bad Malbec bar 1 sainsburys own label for about 3 quid which I bought just out of curiosity. Malbec has become my go-to red since spending time in Argentina a couple of years ago, love it.

Advertisement