Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish Spitz

Options
  • 03-08-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Does anyone know of anyone breeding Finnish Spitz in Ireland at the moment, I know I can just go over to the UK but am interested in knowing if we have them here.
    I am looking for a medium sized Spitz dog and the Finnish Spitz caught my eye, If all else fails I will get a Japanese Spitz:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Hi all, Does anyone know of anyone breeding Finnish Spitz in Ireland at the moment, I know I can just go over to the UK but am interested in knowing if we have them here.
    I am looking for a medium sized Spitz dog and the Finnish Spitz caught my eye, If all else fails I will get a Japanese Spitz:)

Can't help you on the Finnish Spitz, all I can recommend is that you contact the IKC and ask them to send you out a copy of their Breeders Directory and that might have contact details for Finnish Spitz breeders in Ireland.
    I own a Japanese Spitz and he is a pleasure to own, don't know if it is the breed or just him but he has never given me a days trouble in his life. He is almost 10 now and is as healthy as the day I got him. There is a wonderful Japanese Spitz rescue in Ireland who I'm sure would have a suitable dog for you. All dogs are neutered, vacc'd and microchipped.
    http://www.japanesespitzrescue.com/index.php?Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Be very careful. Friend of mine bought a Finnish Spitz from a breeder in the west; the puppy, which she now thinks was sedated when she saw it first, was a lunatic and she had years of grief before it was finally put down after another biting incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Thanks for the info, I guess its a Japanese spitz then. Hope I can find a medium sized one, I may try the rescue as I am looking for a slightly older dog thats hopefully house trainned and will get on well with my German spitz Klein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Chris: My friend now has a Japanese Spitz, who's smaller than the Finnish Spitz was, and has a truly gorgeous nature.

Advertisement