Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port fowarding problems

Options
  • 03-08-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey,

I picked up a Belkin N150 wireless router the other day and I'm having some problems getting it to play nice with my Thompson ST546 which I was given by my ISP.

The instructions for the Belkin says to connect the wired router directly into it and from there connect your wired devices. So now I've got 2 router pages, one for each. I've used http://portforward.com/ to open ports on both pages but doesn't seem to be working at all.

I'm guessing the reason for this is that both routers are clashing.

The only thing I can think of would be to put the Thompson into DMZ and let the Belkin exclusively take care of port forwarding but I thought it would be best to ask here first before trying anything because I'm not 100% sure of the consequences.

Also, if I am correct above, the only option I can see on the ST546 to do something like that is to assign the public IP to a device, would that be right?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hey,

I picked up a Belkin N150 wireless router the other day and I'm having some problems getting it to play nice with my Thompson ST546 which I was given by my ISP.

The instructions for the Belkin says to connect the wired router directly into it and from there connect your wired devices. So now I've got 2 router pages, one for each. I've used http://portforward.com/ to open ports on both pages but doesn't seem to be working at all.

I'm guessing the reason for this is that both routers are clashing.

The only thing I can think of would be to put the Thompson into DMZ and let the Belkin exclusively take care of port forwarding but I thought it would be best to ask here first before trying anything because I'm not 100% sure of the consequences.

Also, if I am correct above, the only option I can see on the ST546 to do something like that is to assign the public IP to a device, would that be right?

if im reading this correctly the thompson is an adsl router? if this is the case it should be placed in bridge mode to the belkin, the port forwards should be configured on this.. you shouldnt be configuring on both anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Terrynova3y2

Yeah I had a feeling I shouldn't have been doing it on both, it is an ADSL router also.

I found a access point only setting on the Belkin router that seems to have sorted it out, it's bypassing everything back to the wired router.

Advertisement