Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace solid fuel Grant back boiler with Energy efficient oil boiler

Options
  • 03-08-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi, would like to get an opinion on how much it might be to replace a Grant back boiler (solid fuel - installed 15 yrs ago in semi-detached 1200 sqft - which works very well, but I know is very wasteful of heat/energy) with an energy efficient oil boiler.

Existing pipework extends 5' outside of the house through foundation, towards a shed (15' away), where I had planned to 'sometime' install an oil boiler. So, I need boiler/tank/controls/pipework/fitting/other?

Now hoping to make use of the SEAI grants:
    Heating Controls High Efficiency Gas or Oil fired Boiler with Heating Controls Upgrade €700 + Heating Controls Upgrade €500 = €1200

Also, what then to do with the existing fireplace (block it up, install small solid fuel stove/interlink with new system :confused: ).

Thanks.

Advertisement