Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we please ban all these "self-loathing irish" threads?

Options
  • 03-08-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Every time I open this fcuking forum, i find yet another "I'm Irish and I hate myself" thread.

These take various forms, all of which amount to the same thing:

"why do we irish..."

"it's shyte to be irish because"

"are you ashamed to be irish?"

"what makes you depressed about being irish?"

then, it all becomes britain's fault.

how about this: Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Can't get a job in this "shyte country"? shut up your moaning and try harder.

Feel ugly cos you're Irish? Shut the fcuk up, your moaning doesn't make you any more attractive to the beautiful foreigners with whom you so wish to form relationships.

Angry at politicians? try protesting instead of grumbling. at least write a fcuking letter to them rather than coming here bleating about it.

Cop the fcuk on - if you hate Ireland so fcuking much, there are numerous ways to exit the country and start a new life elsewhere. otherwise, keep your self-depracating bullshit to yourself.

it's no fcuking surprise that suicide rates are so high in this country, when one considers that on a forum such as this, where virtually no topic is taboo, that every second thread is about how much Irish people hate themselves.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

darn tootin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

genericguy wrote: »
    Every time I open this fcuking forum, i find yet another "I'm Irish and I hate myself" thread.

These take various forms, all of which amount to the same thing:

"why do we irish..."

"it's shyte to be irish because"

"are you ashamed to be irish?"

"what makes you depressed about being irish?"

then, it all becomes britain's fault.

how about this: Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Can't get a job in this "shyte country"? shut up your moaning and try harder.

Feel ugly cos you're Irish? Shut the fcuk up, your moaning doesn't make you any more attractive to the beautiful foreigners with whom you so wish to form relationships.

Angry at politicians? try protesting instead of grumbling. at least write a fcuking letter to them rather than coming here bleating about it.

Cop the fcuk on - if you hate Ireland so fcuking much, there are numerous ways to exit the country and start a new life elsewhere. otherwise, keep your self-depracating bullshit to yourself.

it's no fcuking surprise that suicide rates are so high in this country, when one considers that on a forum such as this, where virtually no topic is taboo, that every second thread is about how much Irish people hate themselves.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1292

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Ryan air are doing cheap flights out of the Country, but that goes against what they're moaning about. Lose / Lose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Jesus, what is it with all these Irish guy's hating all this self loathing. I mean, it's all we have to get us through these dark and gloomy days and people still feel the need to have "let's ban them" threads all over the place.

What is it about us as a nation which makes us loathe self loathing - in other countries they revel in self loathing - I think they may actually have a self-loathing festival on the Austro-German border (that may be something else - the lederhosen confuses me).

Boooourns - down with this sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Foxhound38 wrote: »

not the same. i enjoy talking about scabbiness, nannies dildo-ing themselves to death, reading that god exists just because, having circular debates about the decriminalisation of cannabis and reading people's list of older wimmin with whom it might be nice to engage in sexual intercourse. this does not happen on that forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Yeah, fairly sick of it now tbh. No point in self-analysis if you don't try fix the faults you find after.

On a positive note, I'm Irish and I love myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Another thread complaining about people complaining?

Must be the Bank Holiday Blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Your lack of self-loathing is disturbing.

TYPICAL IRISH ATTITUDE WHA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    I love myself. :D

Nothing to be embarrased about and the blindness thing is just a rumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm disappointed that the rising rate of emigration doesn't seem to making much headway against the whining jobless student types and their massive sense of entitlement.

I think a programme of deportation should be the next step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

Good Post.

It feels like we live in a county of manic-depressives
    something good happens were all the greats ever
    Something bad were crap.

Take a breath people, Were not the greats but were not that bad.

we should do up a list of thing that would make this great island even better!
    (not Rubbish Thing like Sunshine we can do nothing about that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Let's all be like Americans and pretend that we are happy with everything, even though our country is going to ****.

Highest unemployment in years?
    That's awesome!

What is with people trying to ban free speech anyway?
    I can understand if there is a possibility boards will get sued, but banning moaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best luck with that OP

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Ever since January when boards got hacked and the passwords got reset I more or less stopped posting because I never got round to resetting it. Then I stopped reading when the college semester kicked in again but now its summer and I read every few days. I was never a big fan of AH but some of the threads are really funny so I read those but the increasing number of self loathing ones and all the ones the op pointed out are annoying. But, in fairness it’s an open forum and if you don’t want to read them don’t open them. I find it weird because when I read them I find that the general consensuses on certain topics dont seem to follow the ones I experience on a daily basis.

Anyway the only thing that would possibly work is if individual users had the facility to filter the threads they see. They could set it up so they don’t see threads with certain words in the titles. Not sure of the feasibility of this though.

Anyway password reset so it looks like I’m back posting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

What is it about irish people and wanting to control what threads are allowed in AH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

changes wrote: »
    What is it about irish people and wanting to control what threads are allowed in AH!!!

Damnit I say we ban everyone

Who's with me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Damnit I say we ban everyone

Who's with me ?

Yeah!

Let's start with you!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can we please ban the anti-anti-Irish threads too? Seeing as we're blocking people's freedom of speech?

Maybe Hitler and Hussein DID have the right idea, after all. Oh look - Hodwin's alw invoked. Quelle surprise...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

How about you cheer up and leave people alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Is this meant as a joke, because this has been by far the whiniest thread I've read in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

We should leave the self-loathing to the professionals in the media:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

I'm Irish.

*touches self*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'm Irish.

*touches self*

Now ye have to go to confession, tis dorty! dorty!

*buries head in hands and says rosary*

Advertisement