Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicular Access - Footpath lowering

Options
  • 03-08-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a (rather longwinded) query about the planning application for getting front garden converted to drive and getting the footpath lowered.

Basically, had front garden, with 2 walls & single gate at the footpath. Had been meaning to apply for permission to convert & pave it, knock some of the wall etc. Had all the documentation, but was stuck on the drawings, so aws dragging my heels a lot with the whole thing. Then a couple of years ago a joyrider very kindly crashed into our wall and pretty much knocked most of it down. So we took advantage of this situation, and paved the garden, fixed up the walls so there was only one, with enough room for a car to get in, and I've been parking in there ever since. However, the footpath is still the same, and it is really high. I have a knack for getting the car in but i wasn't worried so much about it as it was old. But I do need to get the footpath dipped as it is ridiculous really - and i'd like to change my car too ;).

Anyway, now I don't know what to do about the planning application. because it looks like we'll have to apply for retention for the walls & paving, but how would the footpath be captured then? As we need to ask the council to lower the path - is this part of the planning application, or can it be done outside it? :confused:

I'm just confused as to what is the best way to proceed! Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

You will land in hot water if you tackle the footpath without permission so include these works in a planning application . When you get permission contact the roads department and let them them know when you intend to do the works .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

you are not allowed interfere with anything outside your front gate/boundary wall as this is considered public property.
    im not sure would you need to include it in planning,im sure you could simply go to the council and they would lower it for you.

Advertisement