Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing/moving apps to the SD Card - Desire with Stock Froyo

Options
  • 03-08-2010 2:48pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭

Isn't apps on the sd card allowed as standard on Froyo? I'd like to move a few of the bigger installs I have (games mostly) to my sd card as I don't like having it nearly full, but I can't see how I do this?

My desire is not rooted, but got the froyo update at the weekend. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Go Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications.
    Select the app you want to move and there is a button to "Move to SD card".
    Not all apps have this enabled. As far as I know, it's up to the developer to enable it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I moved all the ones I could, but it didn't amount to much. I'm a bit annoyed that google haven't enabled this for all their own apps yet. Especially big ones like Earth.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cheers. Not many can be moved to sd card it seems. Rock Player, Soccer Livescores and MSN Talk are some of the few exceptions so far.

Advertisement