Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC wildfire or Desire

Options
  • 03-08-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys looking to upgrade my phone and was looking at the wildfire as Desire's aren't in stock at the moment.
    Anyone got one? how does it compare to the Desire and can it be rooted the same way as the desire?
    any info is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well wildfire is basicly a smaller version

if i was you i would wait it out till the new desire comes out...it shouldnt be long

one of them will have a new super lcd screen

and other one will have a slide keyboard supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

It depends on your budget
    The wildfire is a decent android phone but it's small CPU can't compete with the desire.
    The desire will be compatible with most future android releases while the wildfire won't get an upgrade from 2.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Smaller, Cheaper price achieved by lower hardware spec.

Desire HD (or Ace?) is rumored for October, although it's unlikely any Irish network would have it that soon.

Desire HD for Europe and ace for the rest of the world :) as far as i read its september. But as above said the Irish market is slow for hand sets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Surprised no ones mentioned the wildfire's crap screen resolution yet, its surprisingly poor from a company like HTC. The screen on the wildfire actually has a lower resolution than that of a Samsung Tocco Lite! :O

I was very interested in it until i came across that issue

• Advertisement

its not that bad remember its a tiny screen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread moved to android forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rdb666

Thanks for the responses guys, really helped! think I'll hang on until the Desire comes back in to stock....whenever that may be!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

By the sounds of it I'd wait till the new HD version comes out.

Have to say that bugs me.. I only have the phone 3 months or so and the new one will be out in another 3. 6/7 month product life is a bit short... almost as bad as Nintendo and the DSi, then the bigger DSi almost immediately afterwards (and I think there's another one now too?)

I don't mind upgrading but already replacing what is still basically a new phone is just taking the piss a bit imo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    By the sounds of it I'd wait till the new HD version comes out.

Have to say that bugs me.. I only have the phone 3 months or so and the new one will be out in another 3. 6/7 month product life is a bit short... almost as bad as Nintendo and the DSi, then the bigger DSi almost immediately afterwards (and I think there's another one now too?)

I don't mind upgrading but already replacing what is still basically a new phone is just taking the piss a bit imo.

I agree completely. I got my desire in April when it came out, so I would have liked to have had a newer version roughly 12 months later, not 6 months later. Who do they think they are, Microsoft? :D

• Advertisement

no ones forcing you to upgrade...phone market is at its peak where they are in at war against each other to produce high end phones quickly!

im sure we all would love early upgrades ;)

i like my phones sim free from factory.

no hassle with the stupid network made phones and no problems with OS upgrades!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Definitely don't get a Wildfire if you can get a Desire. It's Android and it would have been a great success had it not been for the woeful resolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

3 months is the new digital year guys, new versions, updates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

The O2 website is showing the Desire as in stock. Went through the order process (up to final purchase when I had to bail)

Advertisement