Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strucutre of Qualitative Single Case Study Report (master thesis)

Options
  • 03-08-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Anybody and suggestions in relation the format and size of a case study report? I have a mini thesis to complete (12,000 words) and am struggling to put case study report together. I'm using three different sources : Documentation, Observation and Semi structured interviews. Should I work from my research objectives and narrate through each one. My intro/methodolgy/lit review chapters are already taking up 13,000 word so there's some cutting to do but i'm not sure how in depth I should go with the report ... ideally i'd like to keep it to 1,000 and a further 1,000 for conlusion ;). Any help much appreciated ... due date late Sept.

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Can you give a bit more info? I'm guessing it's one of the social sciences? It sounds like you started by coming up with hypotheses with the intention of testing them through the research? When you say documentation do you mean narrative or discourse analysis of texts? What are you doing in your lit review? Have you structured it intro/methodology/lit review and, if so, why?

I don't know what your tutor/department expects, but personally I think you're a bit too light on research and too heavy on the lit review and methodology sections. It's a bit like you're walking a tight rope and putting waaay to much weight on your right side. You need to balance it all up a little, so, I think the research sections should be the 'core' of your thesis so maybe write a little bit/a lot more then 1,000 words.

Advertisement