Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

allowing pets out to poo

Options
  • 03-08-2010 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Another cheeky topic here that i need help with.. our neighbour allows their dog out every morning at about half seven and most days he poos in our garden ... we are getting a little fed up of cleaning up after another persons dog! we have our own to tend to..we only recently moved into the area so any advice? we dont want to tread on any ones toes...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

I have the exact same problem. My dog is confined to our back garden, the neighbours dog is out the front every day. Unfortunatly, there is no timing of when he is going to poo, or I would be outside with my sweeping brush.
    let me know what you decide to do. I may copy you depending on the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bambi88

I had the same problem. I called to my neighbour WITHOUT a defensive manner (very important or else they will also be defensive) I explained my issue and they were more than apologetic and they now only allow their dog out in their own back garden unless he is supervised out front and I have continued a good relationship with my neighbour! Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I'm sure they would have no problem with you saying it to them. After all you're just looking for them to try & keep the pooch from pooping on your grass, which is a very reasonable request.

There probably will be times when he slips under the radar but I wouldn't consider that a massive problem once they make the effort to be fair to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Say it to the owner first and see what sort of reaction you get, they might start keeping the dog in or they might not. If they still refuse to keep the dog in then call the dog warden, the dog should not be loose roaming around as it's dangerous to both the dog and other people. Maybe remind the owner that if his dog causes an accident on the road while he is straying then he is liable to pay for all damages. If all that still fails then get a shovel, pick up all the poo and place it on his door step! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Maybe if he cares about the dog, then you could convince him by saying about the dangers of the dog going on the road? Or about dogs being stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

say it to them & if they do nothing and ye are like wall to wall neighbours, just get yourself a long thongs or something and throw it over the wall into his....... they'll soon stop letting the dog out front to go to the loo when they learn what it's like to have to keep cleaning up their own front garden!

Advertisement