Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Khalid Kelly Islamist Extremist Back in Ireland

Options
  • 03-08-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

As an Irish Muslim I’ll say this loud and clear, I love Ireland and its people and we Muslims in Ireland will be the first to condemn Terrance ‘Khalid’ Kelly and be there to stop him at each step of the way. We are dealing with a delusional sociopath who has no respect for the sanctity of human life. Often the first people to suffer from the actions of these radical Islamist cultists are mainstream Muslims. I fervently hope that a man like Kelly especially with a family and young children reform himself and lead a peaceful life but until that happens he must be stopped.

Kelly should be prosecuted for inciting violence and issuing death threats to the fullest extent of the law, in a Metro Eireann article dated the 27th of May he called outright for the killing of the Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, that alone should have him in prison, the fact that he has also declared Ireland as a legitimate target for terrorist attacks and said he would kill Irishman in Afghanistan in the past year makes it hard to believe that he is still allowed to walk our streets. We Muslims in Ireland who respect and cherish Ireland’s hard fought freedoms, democracy and security will not let this twisted man endanger this country. I spoke against his cult “Al Muhajiroun” at the Trinity College Philosophical Society debate in 2007 and what I saw in front of me were a rabble of psychologically damaged individuals whose relation to the majority of Muslims is as distant as that of the genocidal cult in Uganda "The Lord’s Resistance Army” to the majority of Christians. I ask that the government introduce effective legislation against this type of incitement to violence and hatred and I call on the Garda Siochana and the Director of Public Prosecutions to protect the public from the threat that Kelly (and his ilk) pose on our nation.

Our legacy as Muslims in Ireland is of thousands of doctors serving in public hospitals since the 1940s with approximately three thousand currently in Irish hospitals; thousands of entrepreneurs contributing to the local economy and thousans of academics in Irish universities who first arrived as early as the 1700s contributing in the sciences and humanities –a prominent example is Professor Mir Aulad Ali who lectured at Trinity College for over 30 years and influenced W.B. Yeats, James Joyce and AE. He was also a prominent member of Conradh na Gaeilge -the Gaelic League.

We will not let fascists like Terrance “Khalid” Kelly harm our nation or tarnish our reputation as a valued part of Irish society.

[snipped]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Here is the link to his interview on the Late Late show

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2998048752087753250#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I've just watched the late late show interview. Firstly they are seriously misguided if they think the killing of innocent civillians in 9/11 or London bombings is justified in Islam. However they do make some good points regarding US foreign policy in Muslim countries. I'm also agree with them when they said the Saudi regime is non-Islamic which is what I have been saying for a long time. I don't know why they wouldn't answer the question about women not being allowed to drive in Saudi, there is no justification for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FriarMo

I've just watched the late late show interview. Firstly they are seriously misguided if they think the killing of innocent civillians in 9/11 or London bombings is justified in Islam. However they do make some good points regarding US foreign policy in Muslim countries. I'm also agree with them when they said the Saudi regime is non-Islamic which is what I have been saying for a long time. I don't know why they wouldn't answer the question about women not being allowed to drive in Saudi, there is no justification for that.

I agree with you Irishconvert regarding US foreign policy in the Middle East especially the inadequate measures taken to protect civilians in conflict zones and the propping up of corrupt regimes which brutalize their own populations for reasons of expediency and U.S “national interest” and Saudi Arabia is a prime example but the way to address these issues is NOT terrorism. I don’t think the Saudi regime is a real bone of contention for Kelly as last year he was apparently trying to get a visa to go back and reside in Saudi with his family and he’s praised their funding of the Taliban in the past.

What I think is very relevant at the moment though is the threats that have been made by him in the past year and the danger he poses to Ireland and its people. I simply cannot understand why he isn’t facing criminal charges

Here is a sample of statements he's made:
    Metro Eirean 2010: [Kellly] went further by saying that any Muslim with the opportunity of killing controversial cartoonist Lars Vilks would be compelled to commit the act.
    “The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said if somebody insults me, kill him,” he told Metro Éireann. “He didn’t say slap his face, he said kill him – if he insults his honour badly, which was done with the cartoons.
    [Kelly] continued: “In Islamic jurisprudence, if anyone is capable they have an obligation to kill this man. There were people arrested in Ireland for [allegedly] conspiring to kill this man; they were arrested for conspiring to fulfil their duty in Islam.”

The Irish Times 2010: [Kelly] made similar statements in an interview with Metro Éireann newspaper earlier this month, adding that Ireland is a “target for attacks” because of its involvement in Afghanistan. The resulting front-page article, headlined “We must listen to bin Laden” prompted complaints from Muslims living here.
    [Kelly] told Metro Éireann , he plans to establish a group here with the title “Islam for Ireland”. The name echoes that of Islam4UK, al-Muhajiroun’s most recent reinvention until it was banned in Britain in January on grounds of national security.

The Times (UK) 2009: Ireland is also a legitimate target, according to Kelly. “Ireland has a US embassy so it is open to attack,” he stated.
    “If I had had the opportunity, I would have been on those tube trains [7/7 Tube Bombings]. But my time in London was to give the call,” he said. Kelly also “gave the call” in Ireland, where he returned frequently in a bid to lure young Muslims with his jihadist teachings. He warned that Ireland was putting itself in the line of fire by allowing US warplanes to land at Shannon airport.
    His face brightens at the mention of suicide bombings and shootings that have devastated hundreds of Pakistani families since the army launched its recent offensive against Taliban and Al Qaeda militants in the tribal belt of Waziristan.
    He is also unapologetic about his desire to fund, encourage and take part in terrorism. “I always believe Islam is terrorism. We are told to terrorise the enemies of Islam,” he said. “The world will become a dangerous place. Everybody had better start embracing Islam or people will start flying planes into buildings again.”

Irish Daily Mail 2007: “I go to the mosque every Friday. The Imam should be speaking out against the Pakistani government and why there isn't any Sharia law in this country.

"But instead they only speak of the spiritual aspects of Islam. Prayer is only the lowest part of Islam, fighting is the highest part.”
    In the past, Kelly has claimed that Ireland is on the Al Qaeda hitlist because of the continued use of Shannon Airport by US troops operating in Iraq and Afghanistan.

New York Times 2007: “We have a voting system here in Britain, so anyone who is voting for Tony Blair is not a civilian and therefore would be a legitimate target,” says Khalid Kelly
    Asharq Al Awsat (Saudi Arabia) 2003: [Translated from Arabic] Under the umbrella of the Al Muhajiroun [Anjem Choudary’s fromer group which has since become proscribed] Khalid Kelly progresses to the stage of fundamentalist activities under the umbrella of Al Muhajiroun and he says he currently leads the organization in Ireland. “There is wide engagement from Irish youth to the true faith through the literature of Al Muhajiroun” …. [Kelly) says that the organization’s youth members in the their gatherings every Saturday in the streets of Dublin “Receive many questions regarding Islam and Jihad”

Asharq Al Awsat (Saudi Arabia) 2003: [Translated from Arabic] Under the umbrella of the Al Muhajiroun [Anjem Choudary’s fromer group which has since become proscribed] Khalid Kelly progresses to the stage of fundamentalist activities under the umbrella of Al Muhajiroun and he says he currently leads the organization in Ireland. “There is wide engagement from Irish youth to the true faith through the literature of Al Muhajiroun” …. [Kelly) says that the organization’s youth members in the their gatherings every Saturday in the streets of Dublin “Receive many questions regarding Islam and Jihad”

Kelly has actively tried to recruit members in Ireland and radicalize our youth 7 years ago and now he’s returned and doing it again. We in the Muslim community should be extremely vigilant. It goes without saying any criminal activities must be reported to the Gardai immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I watched a little of that Late Late Show interview, I simply couldn't bear to listen to any more of his drivel.

He comes across as a very, very dangerous person and sadly it is the likes of him who does Islam no favours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I think he's juat having a bit laugh at everyone, simply demonstrating what one can get away with under the banner of religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Here is the link to his interview on the Late Late show

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2998048752087753250#
    Can you imagine Ryan Turbridy doing this? I think not!

Advertisement