Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wavesecure to be aquired by McAfee

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

http://www.mcafee.com/us/about/mcafee_wavesecure.html

This is pretty unfortunate, I recently subscribed to Wavesecure for 12 months, I wouldn't have done that if I had known McAfee were going to get involved! I can't stand McAfee and their buggy bloatware.

There is a thread about this on Androidforums and a Wavesecure employee is going to great pains there to assure people that it's business as usual for Wavesecure and that anyone who has a free sub from signing up to the beta a while back will still be free (as long as they don't change devices) but I can't help but feel it's the beginning of the end for a decent product.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Tis a good app alright - pity the free beta is only for the device it was activated on.

Guess McAfee are going to use wavesecure as a base for a mobile security suite.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bbor005

Same here - just paid for wavesecure last week, then I hear this...can't stand McAfee!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

ah god McAffee is absolute crapware. next update will make your phone uber sluggish.

i wont be paying for Wavesecure if i change my phone from the beta i got, not unless they keep their grubby hands off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

I have the free lifetime sub for wavesecure, hopefully that doesnt change and hopefully mcafee dont get any bright ideas and start adding their own stuff to the app. I can imagine it now you go to lock your phone and it blows up or something, plus you probably need to install another app called mcaffee wavesecure uninstaller to get the thing off your phone. One thing id say will defo happen is the price of a years licence will shoot up once they get involved, probably try charge something ridiculous like mobileme on apple

Advertisement