Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.A.O.C.

Options
  • 02-08-2010 11:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here still playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Nope... I was the bomb but that was many years ago! Are you playing on freeshard or US servers? I'm waiting patiently for DAoC 2 before coming back to MMO's. Hopefully EA will realize that its a potential goldmine even though Mythic said it wouldnt do a sequel. All they need to do is upgrade the graphics engine, rework the UI to make it a little more user friendly, polish it a little, model it on Shrouded Isles expansion e.g Old Emain PvP rather than that NF crap.

At its heart DAoC is a beautifully simple game with niche market that were die hard fans. The combination of 8 vs 8 roaming PvP with the possibility of being zerged every now and then was great. Relics were also great but when they were a very rare occurence that took a lot of planning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The US and European servers were merged a few months ago. all thew old servers are archives and there is only one active serve cluster Ywain1-10 you get free transfers from your old server to the new cluster. it's pretty much always busy now because of this. Which is fun. I quite like the NF PvP but I do miss the old mile gates etc. was always fun camping there with a group of 8 rangers =D

Seaneh wrote: »
    The US and European servers were merged a few months ago. all thew old servers are archives and there is only one active serve cluster Ywain1-10 you get free transfers from your old server to the new cluster. it's pretty much always busy now because of this. Which is fun. I quite like the NF PvP but I do miss the old mile gates etc. was always fun camping there with a group of 8 rangers =D

My main was on Albion Excalibur .. does this mean if I reactivate I could use him on Ywain? Would love to go have a look for old times sake!

Playboy wrote: »
    My main was on Albion Excalibur .. does this mean if I reactivate I could use him on Ywain? Would love to go have a look for old times sake!

YUP.

When you log in and get to the server screen there is a little checkbox with "show archived servers" on it. click the box and the old server lists will be shown, scroll down to your server and log in.

When you login you will be in your housing district. you go to the royal accountant, he gives you a token, you give it back to him and then use the free transfer command, something like /freexfer ywain1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 (depending on which server you want to be on).

Also, all expansions are free now, so if you didn't have labby et, its free now =D

YUP.

When you log in and get to the server screen there is a little checkbox with "show archived servers" on it. click the box and the old server lists will be shown, scroll down to your server and log in.

When you login you will be in your housing district. you go to the royal accountant, he gives you a token, you give it back to him and then use the free transfer command, something like /freexfer ywain1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10 (depending on which server you want to be on).

Also, all expansions are free now, so if you didn't have labby et, its free now =D

Im not sure I understand the new server structure? Are you saying there are 10 servers named Ywain? Do they all have an active player population?

• Advertisement

There is 10 servers, but the servers are "clustered".

So no matter what server you log into, when you go to the frontiers, its all the same.

There is 10 servers, but the servers are "clustered".

So no matter what server you log into, when you go to the frontiers, its all the same.

Any indication as to which is the most active server in case I need to pve some?

edit .. changed pvp to pve!

Doesn't matter, you can port between servers. so if it's dead on ywain1, go to a channeler and port to another server.

I'm guessing ywain1 would be busier than the others though?

i rolled a friar on Ywain 1 today for a laugh! So weird to be back playing it after so many years!! Couldnt access my old accounts so fired off an email to the support team to see if they could find them!

Wanna organise a duel in a battleground? Frier vs spearo?

• Advertisement

yeah that would be fun but go easy .. I havent played since ToA and NF came out. I'm only lvl7 atm but I presume there still is a /level 20? What server are you mains on and what are they?

Is there still a good active RvR population? 8 vs 8 or zerg or stealth zerg? Id consider seriously coming back if there was some good 8 vs 8 and solo action. Depends on if they can find my old chars also though. Dont think I could face lvling to 50 + ToA etc. I completed ToA on release and it was unbelievably tough .. so unless lvling and ToA is much quicker and easier I dont think I could do it! Are there many on the classic servers? Is classic old frontiers or New frontiers?

no more /leveling.

So you couldn't log into your old account is that what you meant before?

Or you logged in and couldn't find your old toons?

YEah RVR is by far the most active part of the game now tbh. Lots of zergs and roaming groups. few Stealth guilds who do massive stealth groups.

Found my old toons! RR7L6 Merc ML10 Banelord + artifact template. Last time played was ToA + NF. Not sure what skills I need to upgrade? Any better weapons with darkness rising and minotaur expansions? I noticed an extra slot on my toon for a medallion of some sort?

Also have Lvl50 Scout on main acct and a buffbot on another account. I presume people still use buffbots?

Where is the best place to go soloing?

Are all 10 Ywain servers now in the one frontier or do you have to port between the different frontiers?

What realm/server do you play?

Every frontier is the same so no matter what server you are in PVE side, when you go to frontiers, it's the same. it's just the pve side that's split up, I guess it makes it easier to have 10 camelot's/TNN's/Whatever than having everyone on top of eachother in there. your best bet is to just go exploring for yourself. I'm still figuring it all out. Im using dragon slayer armor, epic medal, champion weapon (bow) a TOA off hand blade and a dragon slayer main hand blade. The extra slot is for a mythical jewel or whatever? you need to level that up but not exactly sure how do do all that.

I recommend going into fronts outside the main portal keep and just spaming /advice and /region with "level class spec looking for guild for whatever"... you will get a lot of offers. the guilds themselves will be able to give you good advice.

I play hibby stealthers and tanks so as far as specs etc go, i wouldnt be much use.

Advertisement