Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTEC 63DV with UPC Dialler issue

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

HI

I have an astec 63DV connected to a upc modem.
    Up to a month ago it was working fine. Today I tested and its not working.
    I tried few different numbers. I get the following codes:

C3, calling the number
    F2 , no answer from the number.

I tried to call the numbers with the upc phone directly and it works.
    Could be UPC have changed something?

Any Ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have you tried putting a phone off the out line of the dialer and then dial the numbers, also does it come up C1, C2, C3, C4 before F2?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

altor wrote: »
    Have you tried putting a phone off the out line of the dialer and then dial the numbers, also does it come up C1, C2, C3, C4 before F2?

Hi

No I didn't try that. Yes it was showing up C1 C2 and hung at C3 for about 30 sec and after posting F2. I tried again now and it seems to work. Not sure what was happening. I was trying to set automatic test calls but it seems that option 33 and 34 are not availableut on my 63DV, but they are commands shown in the eng manual. whrn I enter 33 or 34 in telecom mode nothing happens. commamd 30 works ok. Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Auto test is not an option on DV range/

clvk07 wrote: »
    Hi

No I didn't try that. Yes it was showing up C1 C2 and hung at C3 for about 30 sec and after posting F2. I tried again now and it seems to work. Not sure what was happening. I was trying to set automatic test calls but it seems that option 33 and 34 are not availableut on my 63DV, but they are commands shown in the eng manual. whrn I enter 33 or 34 in telecom mode nothing happens. commamd 30 works ok. Thanks

At lease it is working now. Command 33 and 34 are only for a central station test call on the D version.

thanks guys will keep an eye and see if it happens again...

• Advertisement

thanks guys will keep an eye and see if it happens again...

Your welcome,

You should also be looking at putting some sort of PSU in for your modem in case the electricity is off. No electricity, no monitoring.

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome,

You should also be looking at putting some sort of PSU in for your modem in case the electricity is off. No electricity, no monitoring.

Yes I was thinking of that!!....Also any way to change the delay time between the alarm going off and the dialler calling the numbers?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

any way to change the delay time between the alarm going off and the dialler calling the numbers?
    In Engineer , Command 98 for dialler menu & Command 51 change value from 20 to whatever you want .

As koolkid said this is how to change it. It is set on 20 seconds in case you have a false alarm to give you time to turn off the alarm without it contacting you.

HI

I went in with cmd 51 and channel 3 is set to 20. So I guess is channel 3 which needs to be changed. I think 20 sec is very long, as is somebody gets can give time to disconnect the phone cable to the alarm or do something else.... Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement