Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Fuel Vs Woodburning stove

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Have a few questions here.

Thinking of putting in a stove and have been looking at a few online.

Would be interested in the Contemporary free standing type.
    Also, would like a boiler on it as i have a few rads upstairs that i could run off it. Have UFH down stairs.
    so, any recommendations are welcome.

Now, i have a few questions to throw out there regarding the difference between Multi Fuel and Woodburning stoves.

What can you not burn in a woodburning stove? Coal only?
    Can you burn Turf in a woodburning stove or is it confined to timber only?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 tom fada

A wood burning stove will generally burn wood only and may include a fan (depending on the model) to assist in the burning process. Wood burns better on a bed of ash and therefor will not have a riddle pan underneath whereas turf, coal etc. needs to be raised above the ash bed to burn efficiently.
    We have a stovax 6 solid fuel free standing stove without a back boiler and it is excellent as a room heater.
    Other contemporary models include, Nestor Martin, Esse, Jotul, and Scan.

Advertisement