Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola Milestone

Options
  • 02-08-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

So very close to buying this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130401605783

Just wanted to check here with people who may know better...this will definitley work in Ireland? I am on Meteor, bill pay lite. I emailed the seller to ask what networks it works on, and they said it works on all GSM networks worldwide so I presume thats alright? Just not 100% sure cause you dont see many people with them in Ireland.

Also for anyone who has the phone...hows it working out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There is a CDMA version but that was only brought out to suit Verizon in the states.

Great device, superb battery life and I have to say feels really solid in the hand.

My only gripe with it is the mouse pad thingy slightly offsets the keyboards. It doesnt feel right in the hand as it naturally should. But hey thats me. you may find a different experience.

Overall , id recommend. Its something different to the norm.

I use all sorts of androids in work for our software setup. thats were my insight comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

listermint wrote: »
    There is a CDMA version but that was only brought out to suit Verizon in the states.

Great device, superb battery life and I have to say feels really solid in the hand.

My only gripe with it is the mouse pad thingy slightly offsets the keyboards. It doesnt feel right in the hand as it naturally should. But hey thats me. you may find a different experience.

Overall , id recommend. Its something different to the norm.

I use all sorts of androids in work for our software setup. thats were my insight comes from.

Cheers for the info. I was over in the states recently and my mate has one and I was pretty impressed with it.

So there's no bother getting it set up for web browsing and all that? Just get the right settings for Meteor and away you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Whatever you do, don't buy from e-cell!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Whatever you do, don't buy from e-cell!

Why's that? Bad experience? They have pretty good feedback..

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Motorola Milestone XT720 any use to you? No physical QWERTY keyboard though!

• Advertisement

That's the latest one right? I dont think I would mind about the no keyboard issue. I see they come sim free... have you ordered from the site before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

The Droid's keyboard sucked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

niallo24 wrote: »
    So very close to buying this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130401605783

Just wanted to check here with people who may know better...this will definitley work in Ireland? I am on Meteor, bill pay lite. I emailed the seller to ask what networks it works on, and they said it works on all GSM networks worldwide so I presume thats alright? Just not 100% sure cause you dont see many people with them in Ireland.

Also for anyone who has the phone...hows it working out?

I have it and love it. Android 2.2 (froyo) is expected in September apparantly.

RE the physical keyboard - I wouldn't bank on using it for actual typing, some people like it, but i'm WAY faster using on screen keyboard. The keys are just a bit flat.

It is, however, PERFECT for emulator use. Especially if you get the Game Gripper for is as i did.
    game_gripper.jpg

I was playing Wipeout 3 and Crash Bandicoot 2 for hours last night with it.

The phone itself, however, is probably nearing end of life though just to warn you - while it will get android 2.2, i can't really see it getting android 3.0.

So on that front, the milestone is awesome now, but isn't top of the line enough to be future proof - if you want top of the line qwerty, i'd maybe consider an unlocked Galaxy S Pro which should be released any time now...

Advertisement