Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO 2011: SFIE Vegas Edition

Options
  • 02-08-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Not to take away from the planning fun that is Super Versus Battle 2010, however I thought I would bring this up now rather than later:

I'm now officially giving you 11 months notice until the next US Evo (under the assumption that it is on in July, so we wont include it in the countdown).

I hope by giving you this thread, and a monthly reminder, that if something does go a head, you won't be left behind :)

Things you need to consider.

You should aim for as close to 1500 - 2000 euros for this trip:
    This includes: Accomodation, Flights and spending/living/fight money. The 3 necessities for any traveller.

I may be overestimating here but when it comes down to it, giving your self overestimation will help your savings for EVO in the long run.

If anyone else has some saving tips feel free to share them. Some people might even have mates in LV, so you'd already be saving on accomodation. Also sharing hotel rooms will cut down heavily on this cost.

HYPE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I shall be saving from next month onwards. Going to book flights and accom as soon as definite dates and venue are announced.

Get... hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah I'm defo going next year. Will be saving asap.

If anyones interested I would like to turn it a holiday so I'm thinking fly over for the thursday, hit EVO for the weekend and then stay on till next thursday or longer depending on my fianaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm not a big gambler, so I'm thinking NYC for a few days either before or after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sounds good, count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im in for it..

But isnt the next EVO in Japan? I remember it been announced on the last stream. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Im in for it..

But isnt the next EVO in Japan? I remember it been announced on the last stream. :pac:

no, evo japan is a different event

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

^^^

Ah my bad then ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

At least I'll have a passport next year.

Unless I get drunk and lose it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

anyone know any buffets close by :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    anyone know any buffets close by :rolleyes:

I know a great one!

If i get a job and can save a bit of money i'll surely go to this too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Oh **** I see Orim!

No wait..it's just Ed Ma...nothing special.

Orim wrote: »

Where's the wally (Azza) :p

So have you started saving yet?

You have like 10 months to save for this event.

Budget that bad boy!

Monkeyto wrote: »
    So have you started saving yet?

In order to do that you need income! Unless you want to start paying me little subsistence?!

So I guess Animax is out? Some new faces = new interests?

Man got a job. He's more likely than ever to be heading over. I have the cash I'm just waiting for dates and if possible a hotel discount from EVO.

Holy necro-post Batman!

Since it's been about a month since the last post I thought I'd summon it from the bowls of boards to see if anyone else was interested in joining the Evo brigade??

So far registered interest includes

Myself
    Orim
    Chopper
    Ramza
    Foamy
    Animax(?)

Anyone else? You have like 6 months of solid savings time if you still wanna jump in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If I get a job in the next 2 months I'll more than likely go. I believe I said the exact same thing last year!

Advertisement