Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer's to Past Exams

Options
  • 02-08-2010 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if ur able to get the answers to past exam qusetions??

just wondering as it would really help with my study.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

What course are you talking about?

In any case, what I've always done is (either on my own or as a group) get the old papers and prepare answers. Warning: this may involve research. :p

If you're talking about something like multiple-choice, where it is literally tick-the-right-box ... well, you normally still have to research and prepare the answers. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Yep! You can find them in the required and recommending reading for the course in question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

What's with the narky/pretentious/knobbish responses?

OP, it is possible to obtain suggested solutions for courses which are (for want of a better word) maths based such as maths, tp, economics and so on.

Lecturers, however, are not required to provide answers to exam questions, and in a lot of cases where they do, they will be in shorthand designed only to assist someone else in marking them.

In arts subjects exam solutions don't really exist, as the range of possible good answers is theoretically infinite.

Your best bet is to email lecturers and ask.

Best of luck with the upcoming exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

You should ask the lecturers if you can send them sample answers and get feedback. From experience they are unwilling to give you the full answers but are generally very willing to mark some work for you.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Some departments have sample exam questions and answers on Webct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

What course are you talking about?

In any case, what I've always done is (either on my own or as a group) get the old papers and prepare answers. Warning: this may involve research. :p

If you're talking about something like multiple-choice, where it is literally tick-the-right-box ... well, you normally still have to research and prepare the answers. Sorry!

I'm talking about Maths and stats...preparing answers is pretty useless if I can't see if they are right or wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    I'm talking about Maths and stats...preparing answers is pretty useless if I can't see if they are right or wrong.

Maths and Stats for Bess I assume? May I ask what year you are in? I might be able to get a hold of the last few years solutions. I'm abroad until Wednesday but drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

dan719 wrote: »
    I'm abroad until Wednesday

Is that sailor talk for 'international waters'?:D

Advertisement