Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

packages

Options
  • 02-08-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyone in ireland who have a full package for foreign sat?

I'm mostly concerned about watching EPL.

I'm just confused about whats needed be nice for one company to do the lot

or any useful links to exactly what i need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "full package for foreign sat". It depends what you would consider a full package.

There are many packages around, all cheaper to buy online. Some packages you need to be a resident in the source company but a lot of others are prepaid. If its just EPL you are after look at the sticky at the top and also the "Next Season" thread. You'll get loads of info there. I currently have a Cyfra card and I'm holding out to see how Tring goes!

If you don't have any kit then you will need at least a reciver and dish (obviously!) Then depending on what packags you go for you'll need to deciede on what size dish, if it will be on a motor, monobloc, tordial etc (these all get multisats in different ways) I would recommend a linux based box as you'll be comfortable enough with it. I have a Dreambox and wouldn't change it! There are companies around that will supply dish, box, cables and card but it's best to look around as some are a lot cheaper than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Cheers for that.

I'm looking for someone who can provide a dish/box/cables/card/install that all work together as the more I read through the threads the more confused I'm becoming :D

I'm happy to pay over the odds if it means me saving a few weeks of pulling my hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

to be perfectly honest m8 you are better off setting it up yourself if you can as you will have a better understanding of how it all works and if there is ever a problem then you can fix it rather than calling a guy out,you could on the other hand pay over 1000 euro and get a sky Italia sub with loads od sports and 3pm kick offs

Advertisement