Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever have to return their phone to HTC?

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

OK my desire went into that well known reboot loop over the last few weeks so had to return it to HTC in Milton Keynes. Sent it off on Wednesday from Cork and it still hasnt delivered.
    Im getting fairly worried as the insurance with Anpost's registered post only goes upto 320eur.

How long did it take your phone to get to HTC and how long was it before you got it back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Mine took over two weeks when I returned a Hero through Meteor in Cork. They sent back a brand new phone instead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

How long did it take to get to HTC?

EDIT:
    Just read your post again, seeing that you returned it through meteor so you probably didnt get a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Bring the phone back to the retailer you bought it off. Its their responsibility.
    Hogzy wrote: »
    OK my desire went into that well known reboot loop over the last few weeks so had to return it to HTC in Milton Keynes. Sent it off on Wednesday from Cork and it still hasnt delivered.
    Im getting fairly worried as the insurance with Anpost's registered post only goes upto 320eur.

How long did it take your phone to get to HTC and how long was it before you got it back?

elderlemon wrote: »
    Bring the phone back to the retailer you bought it off. Its their responsibility.

Well its too late now isnt it!!!:rolleyes:

Besides it was only 11eur to send it back and iv heard that meteor take ages to repair stuff.

And i availed of the get out of contract fiasco that went on recently so i doubt they would help me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

They sold it to you - they are responsible for fixing it not matter whether you are in contract or not.
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Well its too late now isnt it!!!:rolleyes:

Besides it was only 11eur to send it back and iv heard that meteor take ages to repair stuff.

And i availed of the get out of contract fiasco that went on recently so i doubt they would help me tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sent a Hero back a few weeks back. Took 10 working days to come back so 2 weeks.

elderlemon wrote: »
    They sold it to you - they are responsible for fixing it not matter whether you are in contract or not.

No your wrong actually. because my contract expired early they have the the right to retrieve the phone back but havnt because i agreed to sign up to billpay lite (to which i have not done yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I just went pay as you go and they didn't ask me to return the handset. Plus I told them out straight when they asked that I would be changing provider for a better value package through a work scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Canluum

I'm waiting on a replacement Desire from meteor (been waiting 5 weeks now), two days after I got it the wifi inexplicably stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

I previously returned my old Touch Dual when it bricked. I had absolute murder with them over it as they came to the conclusion that dropping the fault was the reason for it bricking & hence any repair was covered under warranty. I pointed out that this was a pretty convenient excuse as it couldn't be proven either way & that for the record the phone had never been dropped.

This went on for about a week until eventually I just gave in & paid the money so they fix the thing. Swore I'd never buy a HTC again after that but now have the Legend - it was just damn sexy no to buy. So in a word - b@stards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

The power button on my Nexus One died so I returned it to HTC in the UK. I had to pay postage. They fixed it within about 10 days and couriered it back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I rang the Meteor shop I bought mine in and was told I could drop it into the local service center, still trying to extract that information from HTC...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Got it. Need to post to UK (UPS don't collect from Ireland).

• Registered Users Posts: 19 steve_f

I returned mine to Milton Keynes on Thursday last by registered post.
    It is showing as delivered as of yesterday on the An Post site. It is not showing as having been received by HTC yet on their site.

I initially had a problem where the volume down button would stop working. Some times if I rebooted it would work for a while. This problem stopped but then the power button started acting up. Most times when I would press the power button to wake the phone from sleep the phone would reboot.

Not happy, its very inconvenient to be without it.

Advertisement