Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting Credit Card Payments with Android (Desire)

Options
  • 02-08-2010 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭

Now this would be quite amazing if possible!

I was in a market yesterday and speaking to one of the stall holders who was telling me that it may be possible to use the Desire as its own credit card terminal and be able to connect to foreign services to get much cheaper rates on accepting credit cards for goods/services. These expenses can often be far too costly for small businesses so if anyone has any info on this I'd be interested to hear.

Sounds great, but is it possible at all?

I guess you would need a hardware add-on to swipe the card/enter pin etc.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This would be the app and hardware he's talking about.
    Was released a little while ago
    https://squareup.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's pretty cool alright, however, I wonder if it's the same one he was referring to as he was saying that the rates are much less than Irish companies here but I see the rate per transaction is quite high (2.75% and 3.5%), I was reading another thread in the business forum and it was said that a rate of 2.5% is extremely high for Irish standards, so 2.75 is even more :eek:

Wonder if there's any others offering the same type of service? I guess the no rental fees etc is a big plus though and seems it's totally free to set up too! Looks very nice!

Advertisement